View Full Version : CAR DEALER TIPS AND TRICKs

Pages : [1] 2

muscleman
04-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Looking for any car dealer tricks to sprucing up a piece of junk

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

VP Mark
04-15-2014, 05:51 PM
I Dont understand. What are you specifically looking to do to what?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

jem7sk
04-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Put saw dust in the tranny and it will shift smooth as silk for a couple of days ;)

thebamboo23
04-15-2014, 06:02 PM
i think hes saying is he has a piece of crap car, what can he do to get it to sale

muscleman
04-15-2014, 06:24 PM
i think hes saying is he has a piece of crap car, what can he do to get it to sale

This guys kinda getting it I'm looking for cheap production detailing tricks to make a car look good not the perfect way

dad07
04-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Lemon pledge.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
04-15-2014, 06:31 PM
This guys kinda getting it I'm looking for cheap production detailing tricks to make a car look good not the perfect way

Don't waste your time putting lipstick on a pig.

muscleman
04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Putting lipstick on a pig can make.a car bring 100-300 more dollars

b0b
04-15-2014, 06:56 PM

Here is my recommendation...

Wash: just buy duragloss by gallon

Tires/Wheels/Interior/: All Purpose Cleaner (Meguiars) at different dilutions

Trim: some type of trim restorer, pretty dramatic results some times

Steel wool and some metal polish..

Buy a bunch of towels (25 pack for 25$ red 300gsm towels on Amazon)

I'd buy at least one Wheel Brush like the Daytona pro... Yellow microfiber mitt from autogeek is good value.

Are you getting into polishing and correcting paint? If so, and you're still wanting to do it the cheap way--then I could go on. However, if you are like many of us on here, you will learn the right way and never go back to your old ways again...

Now if you are just trying to flip cars, that's another story and I can see why you would not want/need the "correct" way of doing things.

At the end of the day, as long as you're honest with your customer (not saying you're a pro and then do cheap tricks) then you should be just fine. If you're selling the service of "detailing" and wanting to do cheap work, you should be charging much cheaper rates.

If you are just flipping cars, a simple spray wax on the exterior, cleaning of the wheels, and a big focus on the interior... The tools I listed above were for this process and that's what I assumed you were doing when you asked this question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SYMAWD
04-15-2014, 07:19 PM
I work at a dealer and on a bad one it can take them 3-4 hours. The exterior you can just use a glaze, but the interior is where people care and there's no quick way to vacuum and remove stains.

rbss
04-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Looking for any car dealer tricks to sprucing up a piece of junk

When I use to flip cars I would stay away from junk! If the car had decent paint/interior maybe a couple small mechanical issues I would buyt it. i would wash then clay while car was still wet. After the car was dry I would hit with Megs M66(Quick Detailer Polish. Cuts pretty fast and leaves a nice shine.

trekkeruss
04-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I work at a dealer and on a bad one it can take them 3-4 hours. The exterior you can just use a glaze, but the interior is where people care and there's no quick way to vacuum and remove stains.

That reminds me of this video:

Guy pressure cleaning his Mercedes interior ?? - YouTube

custmsprty
04-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Putting lipstick on a pig can make.a car bring 100-300 more dollars

remind me not to send any friends your way to buy a car :poke:

WAXOFF
04-15-2014, 07:53 PM
I used to have an 86 Volvo 240 in Maroon with straight paint no clear that was really faded bad. When I went to sell it I got the blue tire shine and soaked the paint down with it and then buffed it in and put a coat of cheap wax on top. It looked better than when I bought it. A lot of people couldn't figure out why I wanted to sell it a that point.

rickylexus250
04-15-2014, 08:05 PM
I have seen a dealer send their cars to an outside detailer, in which turn they open all the doors, boot and hood and pressure spray all inside the door jams, inside the boot lid and hood. It is only water and then just wipe off but nothing like the merc video. Then continue with cleaning the exterior and interior (you can make the interior look good with very little effort).

Watch the merc video, it is bit extreme but it is only water and very little of it, probably does more good then harm.