PDA

View Full Version : Compound recomendations

Pages : [1] 2 3

Thejoyofdriving
07-18-2007, 04:32 PM
I am looking for a high end quality compound that has low dust and that does not dry fast, or leave heavy marring marks. i now the surface is going to have some marring, but i would like a compound that minimizes heavy marring. Thank you.

budman3
07-18-2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php

That should help ... fwiw it's impossible to answer this question. For what machine? What type of pads? You aren't going to find a product that does everything that you want. One product may last longer than another but it dusts or doesn't produce the results you want. Others may finish off perfectly but dust. Or some just dry up too fast and micromarr the surface.

Optimum hyper compound would be my suggestion to try.

greg'sgoat
07-18-2007, 04:56 PM
I would say Optimum compound. It is on the light end of compounds. However, a really good thing would be to mix 1/8 Optimum compound withm 7/8 Menzerna Power Gloss compound. Take care of the dusting with he added OPT and you get the power of Powergloss.

Al-53
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Joy..I would say go with Opt....they are a oil based product so the dusting is nil and long working time is present....once you fiqure the pad and polish combos they will work for you.....

AL

Jimmie
07-18-2007, 05:31 PM
First one that I thought of: Optimum Compound.

Thejoyofdriving
07-18-2007, 08:48 PM
seems everybody likes opt. i always have over looked this company due to its small size, there are only like 200 guys on their forums. I suppose i can give it a try. Does any one have recomendations other than OC

Nica
07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Optimum works great, for no dusting and long working time but it seems that every time I use it it dosen't have as much cut as my fav Menzerna Power Gloss Compound. Menzerna dusts like crazy though but I'm okay with that because it has a wicked bite to it and it works great.

Well that's just my opinion...oh and when I refer to Optimum I'm talking about the Optimum Hyper Compound which, is supposed to be there strongest polish...well it might be that I tried it on hard clearcoat vehicles...mmm..perhaps I should give Optimum another try on other vehicles.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-18-2007, 09:30 PM
This is so great to stumble across this thread considering I have the Optimum Polish, Hyper Compound, Compund, Poli seal, Car Wax Spray on the way... cant wait till they arrive!!!

Now I need to decide on what pads/backing plate/accesories to buy and quick considering I just clicked the pay button for my pc... Suggestions?

greg'sgoat
07-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I love the Edge system, but you can't really go wrong with any of the setups out there.

Thejoyofdriving
07-18-2007, 11:03 PM
i wonder if opt polish is fine enough for finishing.

Strokin04
07-18-2007, 11:11 PM
i wonder if opt polish is fine enough for finishing.

It works real well as a finishing polish.

Thejoyofdriving
07-18-2007, 11:24 PM
It works real well as a finishing polish.

I though that it has too much bite for a finishing polish, i was under the impression that it is more of a heavy polish ment for removing heavy swirl marks, not a super fine finnesing polish. am i wrong?

ZoranC
07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
i always have over looked this company due to its small size, there are only like 200 guys on their forums.
Throwing away Menzerna because it didn't compensate for your lack of experience on first try. Overlooking OC because company's support forums doesn't have huge member base even though little research would show it's manufacturer has lots of users and their products are used by many demanding detailer, like Scottwax. You seriously need to rethink your approach to product selection.

P.S. How come you purchased Festool when from all I know they don't have any forums?

Thejoyofdriving
07-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Throwing away Menzerna because it didn't compensate for your lack of experience on first try. Overlooking OC because company's support forums doesn't have huge member base even though little research would show it's manufacturer has lots of users and their products are used by many demanding detailer, like Scottwax. You seriously need to rethink your approach to product selection.

P.S. How come you purchased Festool when from all I know they don't have any forums?
Menzerna dusts in my enviroment, no amount of experience will keep it from dusting and drying. OPT website looks like trash, a kid with crayons could do a better job. It look very unprofessional, and unatractive. which is another reason why i looked at it as a small unprofessional company who makes crap products. i know that just because there website sucks, their products suck must as well. now my view towards OPT has changed, i can clearly see that they make products that people like. but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

r_wain
07-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Menzerna dusts in my enviroment, no amount of experience will keep it from dusting and drying. OPT website looks like trash, a kid with crayons could do a better job. It look very unprofessional, and unatractive. which is another reason why i looked at it as a small unprofessional company who makes crap products. i know that just because there website sucks, their products suck must as well. now my view towards OPT has changed, i can clearly see that they make products that people like. but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I can't understand the logic behind this. I could care less what a company's website looked like if I know the product is top notch...and Optimum products are exactly that. What about companies that don't have a website...does that mean they have inferior product? NO. I am researching on a new business I'm looking at starting and one of the best product manufacturers doesn't have a website...why? because he doesn't sell to the public and has no need for one but he still makes the best(IMO) product I can buy. Just the way I look at things.