PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna IP dusting

Pages : [1] 2

mliebs8
07-18-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm getting ready to try the Menzerna IP and FP on my wifes car and after a quick try out on the hood of her car I noticed the polish is dusting big time. I'm wondering if I'm using too little polish or if I'm working it too long. The small area that I did turned out like glass but the dusting was so bad I thought it may have been dust that blew into the garage but after I got in the drivers seat to pull it out of the garage to get a better look I could see it was white powder (the car is silver). Is this normal? If it is what can I do to keep the dusting down?

alban61
07-18-2007, 04:15 PM
If you have Optimum Polish, just add a small drop to your pad. That'll definitely keep dusting down to a minimum. I've only used Menz SIP and PO106FF, and had very little dusting with the small drop of OP. It was a tip from Al-53.
Also, don't use XMT pad conditioner. It supposedly will gum up the pads when used with Menzerna and spit, polish balls. Use a QD or water. Hope it helps.

ltoman
07-18-2007, 04:17 PM
yah, well ed told me a light spritz of water and a drop or two of menz sealant, and it works well too.

Thejoyofdriving
07-18-2007, 04:21 PM
ya my menzerna IP dusts alot too, im swiching off menzerna for a few reasons including the dust.

alban61
07-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I heard the IP dusts a lot too. I've used Menz SIP and 106FF outdoors, in half sun/shade. Used OP with my Menz the first time, and there was little to no dusting. 2nd time I tried both without OP, and had very little dusting. Much less than what I got with XMT3. Maybe the ones for ceramiclears don't dust as much?

Al-53
07-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Just add a drop of Opt polish on the pad..about pea size....thats all....weather seems to play a big role in how the polish reacts....some days it never dusts for me..some days it does...

dust or not....best polish to date....gives results like no other...the finished clarity is what is famed for....

for the pad application....3 pea size globs of menz..1 pea size glob of Opt polish...it will either stop or reduce the dusting...and give a little longer work time...

AL

sparkie
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Just add a drop of Opt polish on the pad..about pea size....thats all....weather seems to play a big role in how the polish reacts....some days it never dusts for me..some days it does...

dust or not....best polish to date....gives results like no other...the finished clarity is what is famed for....

for the pad application....3 pea size globs of menz..1 pea size glob of Opt polish...it will either stop or reduce the dusting...and give a little longer work time...

AL\
How about XMT2 or 3? Would that work instead of OP?

Al-53
07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
\
How about XMT2 or 3? Would that work instead of OP?

I tried XMT 2 and did not work...XMT dusts alone.....I think the oils in Opt is just enough to hold the dust down and extend the working time...

Funny thing is..some days it never dusts...it has something to due with the air moisture.....remember it was designed to use in a auto assembly plant and a body shop....us shade tree polishers have no controlled environment...lol...

Al

k20z3kid
07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
does anyone here do a rinse down with an open hose after polishing with menzerna? because ive also noticed a lot of dusting, but the product is still amazing.

Gnarboots11
07-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I get alot of dusting from the XMT. Last time I used XMT#3, then XMT360, I had to rewash the car to remove all the dust, then dried it and followed with WGDGPS. I am fresh out of XMT now and looking to move onto Menzerna because im not all that impressed with XMT, although XMT360 is nice, the rest of it isn't that great. If Menzerna dusts as much as the XMT#3 did for me, I probably wont be that happy either. I guess I should order some Opt polish with my next order. Thanks Al.

ZoranC
07-18-2007, 07:14 PM
ya my menzerna IP dusts alot too, im swiching off menzerna for a few reasons including the dust.
If you dislike Menzerna that much shoot me a PM of what you have and how much is left as I wouldn't mind, if things are right, buying it off you.

ZoranC
07-18-2007, 07:15 PM
does anyone here do a rinse down with an open hose after polishing with menzerna? because ive also noticed a lot of dusting, but the product is still amazing.
I do ONR as I go.

mliebs8
07-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks for everyones help. I don't have any OPT to mix with it so I'm just going to do the car today and see how it goes. Thanks again

kaboose786
09-16-2012, 08:06 PM
do i have to wash my car after dusting?

loudog2
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
I wash every car with a pressure washer after polishing. It gets all the dust and residue out of the crack.

As for your question "do you?" No, but it is a good idea.