PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference in these products?

91Whitelx
04-15-2014, 10:32 AM
I'm a new member to the site. Needing some advice on what wheel cleaner to get. I was looking at the Wolfgang Tire & Wheel Cleaner and the Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner. What do you guys think would be the best product?

spiralout462
04-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Welcome to AGO! All Wolfgang products are top notch. The Uber Wheel Cleaner is a color changing product like so many on the market. My favorite wheel cleaner is Mothers All Wheel and tire Cleaner but I wouldn't hesitate to use any of the PBMG brands. Wolfgang, Pinnacle, DP or BLACKFIRE. Sonax makes another very popular wheel cleaner. Keep in mind after your wheels are cleaned and sealed soap and water should be enough to keep them looking new.

TroyScherer
04-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Wolfgang Tire & Wheel Cleaner:

General regular maintenance for wheels and tires.

Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner

This is a stronger cleaner specifically for wheels that also has the added iron "bleeding" effect for heavy dusting metal brakes.

trekkeruss
04-15-2014, 10:42 AM
I haven't used either product, but I would assume the Uber cleaner is the more powerful of the two; it appears to be similar to Sonax, in that it is an iron removing/color changing product. If you have never cleaned your wheels before, you should get the Uber cleaner. The Tire & Wheel Cleaner would probably best be used as a maintenance cleaner.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
04-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Uber is my go to wheel cleaner. Clings to the wheels great and foams up nicely with agitation. IMO uber > Sonax FE

I use an APC for tires.

Jaretr1
04-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Keep in mind after your wheels are cleaned and sealed soap and water should be enough to keep them looking new.

I agree! I never use a wheel cleaner. I use a wheel woolie with soap and water as my wheels are already sealed and protected. Thats all I need.

If the wheels are really dirty, soap and water followed by an iron removing product (IronX, Uber etc) is all you need to do once. Then protect them. Easiest product I have found is CarPro HydrO2. Spray on, hose off. Cant get any easier!

91Whitelx
04-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the help, And quick responses.