PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between...

Coopers ST
04-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Megs Ultimate Wax, and Megs NXT? I have a almost full bottle of NXT now, but am going to do my wifes car with Ultimate compound, Ultimate Polish, should I get the Ultimate Wax or just use the NXT?

Thanks all

goldendodo19
04-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Ultimate wax doesn't again trim, can be applied in sun, is wipe on wipe off, and lasts the longest. NXT stains trim, needs to haze for a bit before buffing, doesn't last as long, and shouldn't be applied in direct sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cplchris
04-15-2014, 10:16 AM
the only difference i have seen is ease of application and removal...ultimate requires very little effort to spread and remove. nxt takes a little more elbow grease to remove. i would say durability is about the same.

Coopers ST
04-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Should I apply it (either way I go) by hand or with my GG6?

Jaretr1
04-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Should I apply it (either way I go) by hand or with my GG6?

Whatever you prefer. Using machine ensures even application and helps spread the product further, not sure it makes it any quicker though. Once you use either one, especially NXT, get some sort of a booster spray wax to use after every other car wash (like Ultimate Quick Wax if you are hooked on Mequiars, or Pinnacle XMT360 Spray wax is also good). Avoid NXT Spray wax at all costs, unless you love using an extreme amount of pressure to remove it (reinstalling swirls at the same time).

Coopers ST
04-15-2014, 12:04 PM
I do have spray wax. I have some NXT, though don't really like it I find it streaks unless you push like you said, and a bunch of gold class that came in some kits I got on clearance after Christmas.

Jaretr1
04-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Do yourself a favor and give the NXT spray wax to your worst enemy. With all the great products Meguiars makes, I cant beleive they still make that. Ultimate Quik Wax is a different story, its clear, goes on clear and wipes off with no issue.

I am preferential to the XMT 360 Spray Wax though, it has a nice shine, and seems to be quite durable, and is a good value especially when its on sale.

ChadLoew
04-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Use up the NXT. Mine separated after 6 months...JUNK