PDA

View Full Version : First Choice Wax for Black Mercedes E550

dan45hk
04-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Here's the plan. 2011 Black E550 4matic will be compounded with Wolfgang Uber, then WTSR, then Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. Topped with CQuartz. Then.... what carnuba based wax to top it off with? I'm deciding between:

Black Label Synergy
Fuzion
Souveran
BlackIce Hybrid

Or other suggestions?

Deep18
04-14-2014, 09:04 PM
For a black car, Souveran.

Saturnhusker
04-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Collinite 845 will do the same as any of them

TundraPower
04-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Here's the plan. 2011 Black E550 4matic will be compounded with Wolfgang Uber, then WTSR, then Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. Topped with CQuartz. Then.... what carnuba based wax to top it off with? I'm deciding between:

Black Label Synergy
Fuzion
Souveran
BlackIce Hybrid

Or other suggestions?

Depends on how much you want to spend, what durability you want, etc.

- souveran looks nice on black but has the durability of about 8 raindrops.
- raceglaze black label gives fabulous warm gloss.
- swissvax mystery gives scary depth and reflections and outstanding durability. My personal favorite.

Choose your poison :dblthumb2:

04-14-2014, 10:39 PM

Black Label Synergy
Fuzion
Souveran
BlackIce Hybrid

Or other suggestions?

Since your compounding with uber, I'd recommend going straight to WG Finishing Glaze and skipping TSR.

I currently have PBL coating topped with BlackIce. Topping a coating with BF did take away some of the gloss from the coating, however more depth was added. I plan on stripping BlackIce and applying Synergy over the top of PBL as soon as I have a chance...

My pick would be Synergy or BlackIce....

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Since your compounding with uber, I'd recommend going straight to WG Finishing Glaze and skipping TSR.

Agreed.

Uber will finish up so well that FG will extract the last bit of gloss.

Since you are going to coat the car and wanting to wax, I would pick up Synergy as it is a wax specifically for bonding to coatings. You will get better adhesion with this wax.

ThomasonCarCare
04-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Chemical Guys Black wax is also an amazing product. It has lasted on my GTI for about 3 months through snow, ice, and of course rain.

Kamakaz1961
04-15-2014, 09:03 AM
I have a Black car and tried quite a few waxes. I will not name brands as I do not want to cause a stink. You can get 90% of the wax on this site. My favorite and my goto wax is

Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. It beads and sheets like crazy. You can easily dry the car with water if you know how to do that technique.

I would look into those before any of the ones you mentioned. Now that I have stated that....I will be getting some comments, probably some stink....all I can say...BRING IT regarding Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax

TundraPower
04-15-2014, 02:16 PM
I have a Black car and tried quite a few waxes. I will not name brands as I do not want to cause a stink. You can get 90% of the wax on this site. My favorite and my goto wax is Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. It beads and sheets like crazy. You can easily dry the car with water if you know how to do that technique. I would look into those before any of the ones you mentioned. Now that I have stated that....I will be getting some comments, probably some stink....all I can say...BRING IT regarding Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax

Supernatural ***ROCKS***. The only reason I don't mention it is because of it's difficulty of application. This is one wax that will haze and sweat if you don't apply it absolutely perfect.