PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Water Tank, do I need a water pump along with my gas Pressure Waher?

Pages : [1] 2

2modfast
04-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to figure out if I also need a water pump, if I'm getting a gas pressure washer? I did search and even saw some videos but it was crystal clear. I believe I don't but can anyone confirm that.

Thanks

215Detailing
04-14-2014, 04:26 PM
I use a electric model KARCHER which is suppose to be self priming, Just received updated info several days ago but still have not tested it, I went ahead a brought a pump (SHURflo Industrial Pump — 198 GPH, 115 Volt, 1/2in., Model# 2088-594-154 | Utility Pumps| Northern Tool + Equipment (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200249074_200249074) ) for safety purposes also see:http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/76233-hhr-panel-mobile-detailing-unit-5.html

DaVinciAutoSpa
04-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Yes,...you can find them at Lowes for around $90.

2modfast
04-17-2014, 11:25 AM
So according to the mass...I do need one.

I thought since the gas pressure washer is being feed by the water tank which is gravity driven that I wouldn't? I just ran across a few videos on youtube and some had and some didn't. Hmmm...now I'm really stumped.

Znig22
04-17-2014, 08:01 PM
4 years strong and I have lost a pump here and there but have had bearing/unloader/loader issues. No result of lack of water. I would stay around the 2.5gpm or 2500-2700 psi and you will be fine without a pump.

atlpierce
04-18-2014, 10:42 AM
No. I detailed for many years using gravity fed. I still have the equipment and it's a 100 gallon tank and a Honda motor with a 2700psi CAT pump. Just make sure your tank is a inch or so above the water inlet on the pump. What is VERY important is a return line to your tank so when your not spraying the water, the water is constantly moving through your pump manifold. Starting out I used a pump w/ a well and every few weeks there'd be a new problem. Also if you don't have a garage and deal with freezing temps in the winter it's MUCH easier to wrap a heater cord around your pressure washer pump and water lines rather than trying to keep a water pump / well system from freezing. Attached is a photo of how it's plumbed. The hose with the valve is coming from the bottom of my tank to the inlet of my pump. The top hose is coming out of my regulator going into the top of my water tank. Like I said, when your not spraying water the water circulates itself through the manifold so it stays nice and cool. Make sense?

2modfast
04-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Great...thanks for the tips fellas

Znig22
04-28-2014, 09:05 PM
atlpierce, if I am not mistaken doesn't your water return setup cause you to lose pressure since its always pumping back into your water tank?

artofdetailing
04-28-2014, 09:18 PM
With gas you need a pump. Some electric models have self priming pumps and don't require an external pump. However, most of those models are karchers and if you are spending only a few hundred on it, you are getting a consumer model that won't last very long. I just got the Kranzle K7. Expensive but its self priming, 10 year warranty on the manifold, service center is local, and it doesn't require a return line because its engineered in such a way that it won't overheat. You can leave it running for an hour and do zero damage to the unit. Id suggest getting one

215Detailing
04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
With gas you need a pump. Some electric models have self priming pumps and don't require an external pump. However, most of those models are karchers and if you are spending only a few hundred on it, you are getting a consumer model that won't last very long. I just got the Kranzle K7. Expensive but its self priming, 10 year warranty on the manifold, service center is local, and it doesn't require a return line because its engineered in such a way that it won't overheat. You can leave it running for an hour and do zero damage to the unit. Id suggest getting one

Must have purchased it through ATLANTIC

Joseph Rogers
04-29-2014, 02:26 PM
I would suggest you find a local PW distributor, and have them look at your setup. If the PW is gas, then it's direct drive or belt driven, and I don't remember specifics, but some need them and some don't. Ask someone who does this stuff every day for a better answer.

atlpierce
04-30-2014, 08:10 AM
atlpierce, if I am not mistaken doesn't your water return setup cause you to lose pressure since its always pumping back into your water tank?

No, when the trigger is squeezed the regulator shuts the water off from going back into the tank. It only pumps water back into the tank when the trigger isn't squeezed.

Znig22
04-30-2014, 04:02 PM
No, when the trigger is squeezed the regulator shuts the water off from going back into the tank. It only pumps water back into the tank when the trigger isn't squeezed.

Can you send me a link to where this regulator can be purchased? I am promoting a man within my business and he will be operating solo and I think this will help me save money on pumps and cut down on his labor. As a team we shut the PW down after a foam cannon and do our wash method and then fire it back up for a rinse.

artofdetailing
04-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Must have purchased it through ATLANTIC

Yup. Great company to work with. Super friendly staff and incredibly knowledgeable

215Detailing
04-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Yup. Great company to work with. Super friendly staff and incredibly knowledgeable

Great many of phone calls and emails with them also they have rentals daily & weekly.

In Pa (Philadelphia area) we have ETS = Pressure Washers - ETS Company Pressure Washers and More (http://etscompany.com/wordpress/pressure-washer-equipment/)