PDA

View Full Version : I think i have done it right? Chemical guys products

Pages : [1] 2

Lumi
04-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Hey guys so a made a nice order of a series of products but more focused on chem guys products i have heard so much about..

What does everyone think of this combo?
Blacklight>50/50 wax>V7..

Havent seen these three combined alot but have heard great things about each, and CG said it would look great..

What do you guys think? Any pointers or specific..

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/muso2/car/16753C7E-FDC1-4C94-AF7C-A2FA980E9C98_zpsaosw73wx.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/muso2/media/car/16753C7E-FDC1-4C94-AF7C-A2FA980E9C98_zpsaosw73wx.jpg.html)

50/50 wax
Blacklight
V7
Citrus wash
Glossworkz
Mr pink
Metal polish (small bottle)
Wash bucket with lid and grit guard
Various wheel and detail brushes

Im coming from poorboys nattys blue/red wax and there detail sprays, so hoping for some nice results from chem guys aswell as i was always happy with poorboys stuff

cleanmycorolla
04-14-2014, 11:45 AM
just do blacklight and 50/50, save V7 for after you wash.

Blacklight and 50/50 is phenomenal, use that combo a lot

GenesisCoupe
04-14-2014, 12:19 PM
^^ What he said...

Blacklight+wax.

Save the V7 after washes unless you do Blacklight-V7 without the addition of wax.

The Glossworkz Glaze is awesome, i use it often and brings out the shine in any paint color.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-14-2014, 12:23 PM

Agreed.

BL and wax is incredible! Leave the V7 applications for after washes.

Lakeside Detail
04-14-2014, 01:50 PM
I have using the heavy metal polish and citrus wash and gloss. Both great products...

aim4squirrels
04-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Is that a CG synthetic wool wash mitt?

Be careful with that on the paint. Older models left paint scratches, don't know if they ever changed suppliers or manufacturers. Rub it aggressively on a CD to see if it scratches the surface. Don't use it on the paint if you get scratches on the CD.

custmsprty
04-14-2014, 04:59 PM

:iagree::dblthumb2:

Lumi
04-14-2014, 05:25 PM

Thanks! cant wait to try it! I have the citrus wash that im going to use at 1oz per gallon to strip any wax or residue that might on the paint.. Is this correct?

^^ What he said...

Blacklight+wax.

Save the V7 after washes unless you do Blacklight-V7 without the addition of wax.

The Glossworkz Glaze is awesome, i use it often and brings out the shine in any paint color.

Thanks! Yea i have used Mr pink and glossworkz before and have enjoyed them for my weekly washes very much!

Agreed.

BL and wax is incredible! Leave the V7 applications for after washes.

Thanks! I think it will be a very nice quick detailers, looking forward to trying it.

I have using the heavy metal polish and citrus wash and gloss. Both great products...

Gonna be fun trying them this coming weekend!

Be careful with that on the paint. Older models left paint scratches, don't know if they ever changed suppliers or manufacturers. Rub it aggressively on a CD to see if it scratches the surface. Don't use it on the paint if you get scratches on the CD.

Thanks for the headups! I bought their bucket system and it came with it, i have other mitts, this doesnt seem like same high quality as others -__- Since it was free with the package i will just toss it away anyways, wont even risk since my other mitts have done me so good.

Here is another pic of the recent order and to add to the arsenal :) My garage is really beginning to get full, and this started as what wax was good haha

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/muso2/car/317396A3-34D0-46E8-99C1-368F590DFD6F_zps2n1pv7oa.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/muso2/media/car/317396A3-34D0-46E8-99C1-368F590DFD6F_zps2n1pv7oa.jpg.html)

tpr1634
04-14-2014, 05:27 PM
:Picture:,

:iagree: total junk bought one and trashed it.....

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-14-2014, 06:36 PM
You made some very good choices. I like others have used 50/50 on top of A few layers of Blacklight and then use V07 as quick detailer. I have the same mitt and love it. Have had no issues.
I have all 3 soaps that you got as well and use them as below:
Citrus Wash & Gloss - LSP stripper and for super nasty cars
Mr Pink - dirty vehicles with good LSP previously applied
Glossworkz - weekly washes with good LSP applied

Of course, that's just how I choose to use.

Lumi
04-14-2014, 10:06 PM
You made some very good choices. I like others have used 50/50 on top of A few layers of Blacklight and then use V07 as quick detailer. I have the same mitt and love it. Have had no issues.
I have all 3 soaps that you got as well and use them as below:
Citrus Wash & Gloss - LSP stripper and for super nasty cars
Mr Pink - dirty vehicles with good LSP previously applied
Glossworkz - weekly washes with good LSP applied

Of course, that's just how I choose to use.

Thanks! Yup, i think i had the same idea of how to use the soaps.. CG doesnt say how to use CG citrus wash and gloss to strip, but i keep reading online 1oz to 1 gallon.

TundraPower
04-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Glossworkz is a wonderful glaze. Black Light is way overrated. Leave that off and upgrade the wax.

ThomasonCarCare
04-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Glossworkz is a wonderful glaze. Black Light is way overrated. Leave that off and upgrade the wax.

Can you explain why you think Blacklight is overrated. It is one of my favorite products. Easy on, Easy off, mild cleaning ability, and a great shine that last for months. I agree if you are going to use Glossworkz glaze that I wouldn't apply Blacklight, I would apply Jetseal 109 instead. But Blacklight topped with any good wax looks stunning. I am just curious to see what your stance on it is.

CowboyTruckn
04-15-2014, 04:00 PM
I don't use their brushes or anything, other than their green dread style mitt.

I have all those products except the metal polish. I love them. The v7 is used between detailings after washing for that just detailed look.

TundraPower
04-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Can you explain why you think Blacklight is overrated. It is one of my favorite products. Easy on, Easy off, mild cleaning ability, and a great shine that last for months. I agree if you are going to use Glossworkz glaze that I wouldn't apply Blacklight, I would apply Jetseal 109 instead. But Blacklight topped with any good wax looks stunning. I am just curious to see what your stance on it is.

It looks very nice on black if you top it with V7. (Actually it is meant to be used with V7.) But by itself I really don't see any category that it performs exceptionally well in.