PDA

View Full Version : Shiny dash

Bigfoot
07-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, my wife loves a very shiny dash, just like an AA shine level. I am looking what's the shiniest product aside of AA (greasy) that will give me shine on the dash. I am not in agree with this, but if she wants it, I'll give it to her.

Thanks for the help!

Joey

ltoman
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh gosh Joey, I don't think you want to go there. The reflection off the dash is horrible!!! I did the same in the vette and I would NOT recommend it, nor would I ever do it again.

Don't laugh, but here is what I used: one wipe from a container of Meg's leather wipes.
I used it on the seats, and man, that was so greasy.... I went straight to the dash and doors. Man did the gloss last...for months! I would wipe the dust off lightly but the gloss kept on going!
Now, I am not using those - on anything!!!

But boy, out of all I have tried - you get a gloss like no other.
The container dries up quickly too.
Tossed them after that - ugh. Then dried up.
Let us know....

D
07-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Cg V.r.p.

Bigfoot
07-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh gosh Joey, I don't think you want to go there. The reflection off the dash is horrible!!! I did the same in the vette and I would NOT recommend it, nor would I ever do it again.

Don't laugh, but here is what I used: one wipe from a container of Meg's leather wipes.
I used it on the seats, and man, that was so greasy.... I went straight to the dash and doors. Man did the gloss last...for months! I would wipe the dust off lightly but the gloss kept on going!
Now, I am not using those - on anything!!!

But boy, out of all I have tried - you get a gloss like no other.
The container dries up quickly too.
Tossed them after that - ugh. Then dried up.
Let us know....

I 100% agree with you Lauren. I have told her and tried to convince her that it is a safty issue, plus the glare will bother her big time, but she stills wants it shiny, so I will give her what she wants.

DD-I will give it a look! Thanks!

Thejoyofdriving
07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
What about some pinnacle black onyx tire gel, that might work. but i dont know if its safe for vinyl.