PDA

View Full Version : Best Car Bra

Ao1051
04-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Where can I buy a car bra for my 14 durango and what brand should I get that works best...

Thanks in advance for your help

Cliffy
04-13-2014, 07:57 PM
3M has an invisible bra. It works great but I think a professional has to put it on.

Ao1051
04-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Don't really care for the clear bras due to their complexity

Calendyr
04-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Only complexity about clear bra is the cost of installation ;)

Ao1051
04-13-2014, 09:16 PM
The leather would be easier to take care of I could take it off and wash it and wouldn't show rock chips as bad as a clear one would

FUNX650
04-13-2014, 09:27 PM
The leather would be easier to take care of I could take it off and wash it and wouldn't show rock chips as bad as a clear one would
Yea...
But you won't believe how fast the front clip sustains damages from things like:
-Rubbing
-Sandy particles' build-up
-"Waters" not being removed in a timely manner

-And last but not least:
The front clip will actually twist/contort from the leather/vinyl bra's being exposed to hot/cold cycles.

Talk about something that'll make you want to:
"Twist and Shout"!! :eek:

Go with the self-healing XPel Ultimate!!

Bob

hoo
04-14-2014, 01:05 AM
leather car bras are one of the worst things you can do to your car. The damage they do is literally worse than having nothing on the front of your vehicle. I've seen it over and over again...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Brace1
04-16-2014, 08:58 PM
leather car bras are one of the worst things you can do to your car. The damage they do is literally worse than having nothing on the front of your vehicle. I've seen it over and over again...

Agreed, between the chafing and trapping the moisture...

Not to mention if any grit gets under there and the wind causes the bra to flop around.

Evan.J
04-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Yea...
But you won't believe how fast the front clip sustains damages from things like:
-Rubbing
-Sandy particles' build-up
-"Waters" not being removed in a timely manner

-And last but not least:
The front clip will actually twist/contort from the leather/vinyl bra's being exposed to hot/cold cycles.

Talk about something that'll make you want to:
"Twist and Shout"!! :eek:

Go with the self-healing XPel Ultimate!!

Bob
:iagree:

Xpel Ultimate is the best hands down

andrewbmw
04-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Xpel, if they put a 10 year warrantee on it you know it's got to be good! :)

Brace1
04-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Xpel, if they put a 10 year warrantee on it you know it's got to be good! :)

That's what I have on my car, wasn't cheap but I feel was well worth it. I went with what I think he called a bikini cut (kind of a downward sloping arc which was supposed to make it less obvious of a line) on the hood, if I had to do it over again I would have done the entire hood.

Full front leading edges including mirrors (less the A pillars) are covered.

Radarryan
04-17-2014, 09:46 PM
I've used both 3M and XPel. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, but they are at the top. I would choose between these two. Do a little research and see what brand (and model) has the characteristics that you prefer. I don't think you would be disappointed with it. Properly installed you don't even know it's there.

3M has some cool videos of their testing. You can see the rocks and everything hitting the car both protected and not to see the difference.