PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Single Stage - AIO ideas?

Pages : [1] 2

ge0rge
04-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Last year I did my wifes Sienna for the first time using a DA. I washed, clayed, Megs UC, Megs UP, and then finished with a hand application of DG 601/105. It looked great afterwards. Since then, even with routine cleanings, the paint still looks stained with grime. I really don't like single stage paint.

This year I want to use something like an AIO. However, I would like the paint to hold its look longer than a month or two. It is a white van. Any suggestions?

sethr
04-13-2014, 03:31 PM
My black one looks like that in the morning. It sits outside. Hopefully you did two coats fo the 105 a day apart.

I just go through the touchless without all their wax crap, then dry it right there with Aquawax every once in a while. Mostly I use FCS with about 10% Aquawax added. Rain and dew sheet off.

ge0rge
04-13-2014, 03:34 PM
I mixed the 601/105 per the manufacturer instructions. One coat should have lasted more than it did. I don't blame the coating.

The Guz
04-14-2014, 02:29 AM
Meguiar's white wax is a nice AIO that has a little more cleaning ability. By itself it should last about 2-3 months. You could top it with something like M21/NXT or ultimate wax for longer protection. Then maintain with a spray wax.

sethr
04-14-2014, 06:43 AM
I just re-read the OP. Single stage paint? Toyota?

How old is that thing? I believe Sienna has always had BC/CC paint.

HateSwirls
04-14-2014, 07:18 AM
My black single stage paint looks really good when I use the Meguiar's D-151, holds up pretty darn well.

This past weekend I used Meguiar's a Black Wax on the hood to remove light swirls , the results were better than I expected, it has very little cut to it so it can be used as many times as you need.
I topped it with Collinite #845 to have longer lasting results but I was happy at how it looked by just working the Black Wax and my DA along with a finishing pad, it's also easy to work with, long work time and wipes off easy, now this only works if your working with super light defects.

There is some cleaning agents in the Black Wax but I was told the Meguiar's White Wax has more so I'll buy a tube of it.
No matter how careful I am when washing and drying my car I begin to see swirls rather fast, this is a safe way to maintain a flawless finish but I'll have to stay on top of it, give it a try, I think you'll like it.

Kevin

cajundetailingbykevin.com

The D-151 really works awesome, again not too aggressive and you get awesome results, IMO it the best of single stage paints with minor defects.
Cardaddy turned me on to it and I never looked back:)
Thanks Tony:)

GenesisCoupe
04-14-2014, 07:33 AM

Toyota is known for using Single stage on their White, Red, and Black paints.

Nick McKees37
04-14-2014, 07:38 AM
I detailed a WHITE Corolla a couple years ago, and had great success with Pinnacle XMT 360 and BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection:

Rebirth of a Daily Driver - Oxidized Corolla (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/43958-rebirth-daily-driver-oxidized-corolla.html)

BEFORE:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Corolla%20Xtreme%20Makeover/IMG_5481.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Corolla%20Xtreme%20Makeover/IMG_5500.JPG

AFTER:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Corolla%20Xtreme%20Makeover/IMG_5536.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Corolla%20Xtreme%20Makeover/IMG_5548.JPG

ge0rge
04-14-2014, 04:08 PM

2005. Single Stage without a doubt.

spiralout462
04-14-2014, 08:52 PM
How long ago did you apply the Duragloss sealant? If I read your post right it was "last year". Perhaps it's time to re-apply???

TundraPower
04-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Last year I did my wifes Sienna for the first time using a DA. I washed, clayed, Megs UC, Megs UP, and then finished with a hand application of DG 601/105. It looked great afterwards. Since then, even with routine cleanings, the paint still looks stained with grime. I really don't like single stage paint.

This year I want to use something like an AIO. However, I would like the paint to hold its look longer than a month or two. It is a white van. Any suggestions?

Auto Finesse Tripple is my favorite AIO :dblthumb2:

Pureshine
04-15-2014, 12:37 AM

:iagree:

BayAreaTech
04-15-2014, 01:30 AM

:iagree:

What is your method of application when using AF Triple?

ge0rge
04-17-2014, 06:12 PM
How long ago did you apply the Duragloss sealant? If I read your post right it was "last year". Perhaps it's time to re-apply???

It is soon time to reapply, but it looked bad after only a month. It seemed the dirt embeds in the paint easily and requires a cleaner wax type product to remove. I was very disappointed considering it was my first go with a DA.

dad07
04-17-2014, 07:02 PM

It is soon time to reapply, but it looked bad after only a month. It seemed the dirt embeds in the paint easily and requires a cleaner wax type product to remove. I was very disappointed considering it was my first go with a DA.

What were you using to wash and maintain?

I have seen some great longevity from DG105.

may I suggest that you use a paint cleaner like DG 501 before applying DG105. And yes it can also be mixed with 601.....I highly recommend it.

Use your da to apply it....use a white polishing pad for DG501and work it in, after your last polishing step and you'll really be amazed what that pad will look like.

applying DG105/601 with a finishing pad will ensure a thin even coat....then apply another coat to be sure you haven't missed a spot, and you don't have to wait when using 601.

you can even top with your favorite sealant and or wax for added durability.