PDA

View Full Version : Mothers vs meguiars

Pages : [1] 2 3

muscleman
04-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Both of theese otc brands are great but for the money which brand would you guys go with if u had to pick

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

Riff
04-13-2014, 09:09 AM
It seems Meguiars is more popular around here but maybe that's just the professional line. Don't know.

Quiksilver5882
04-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Personally I'd pick Meguiars. I'd go for the detailer and mirror glaze professional lines though.

hernandez.art13
04-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Are you talking about any specific product? Or just in general?

buddee
04-13-2014, 10:47 AM
In terms of OTC products, i actually use both, but i'd have to say i use more Meguiar's OTC products than i do Mother's OTC products. I use megs on the paint protection/correction side of things, and just recently began using moms metal and chrome polishes.

DaVinciAutoSpa
04-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Meguiar's. Hands down. Twice on Sundays. Never been impressed with Mother's. To me, Meguiar's is more pro and Mother's is more joe.

Their clay bar didn't seem to last nor do as good of job as Meguiar's.

Oh, their Showtime Detailer smells like cinnamon. But I wont buy it. lol...

HateSwirls
04-13-2014, 11:01 AM
I much prefer Meguiar's over Mothers but I haven't tried Mothers newest product as of yet.
Meguiar's is the most popular of the two, just is.

muscleman
04-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the reply guys i can't wait to try tgeir ultimate compound i have 105 currently but am afraid to use it

buddee
04-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the reply guys i can't wait to try tgeir ultimate compound i have 105 currently but am afraid to use it

I actually been mixing ultimate compound and M105, with say a 16oz squeeze bottle - i'll put 4oz of M105 and 12oz of UC, works great for me.

CDot
04-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Both of theese otc brands are great but for the money which brand would you guys go with if u had to pick

I think most pros would pick Meguiar's Detailer line if they are going one brand for all their products, but as a hobbyist you can mix and match if you are purchasing OTC.

Mothers products I own: I use VLR, Protectant, Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, Chrome Polish, Showtime QD, & the Brazilian Cleaner Wax.
Megs products I own: Ultimate Compound/Polish, Quik Interior Detailer, Ultimate Quik Wax, Ultimate Quik Detailer, MF Compound Pads, & some polyfoam applicators

wlshephard
04-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Both brands are good. Both brands have a pro line and an otc line though Megs has more types of product lines. Both brands will do what they say. Its up to price and preference. I say try both. I have a lot of megs products. But I would like to try some Mothers pro line products.

VISITOR
04-13-2014, 02:05 PM
both make quality products and sometimes one brand's product may not be up to your liking as much as the other's. it's good to have a variety and choices these days...

Calendyr
04-13-2014, 02:32 PM
I only tried 1 Mother's product: Their cleaning wax. I was super disapointed by the results.

I also purchased a power ball from them (to polish wheels) but have not used it yet. I am expecting that product to work well.

On the other hands I have used about 20 different Meguiar's products and all of them were great. From their consumer, detailers and Professional lines. Just a great company over all.

muscleman
04-13-2014, 04:26 PM
So i left compound and polish in my hot car for a few days do you guys think its still ok ?

Riff
04-13-2014, 05:11 PM
I only tried 1 Mother's product: Their cleaning wax. I was super disapointed by the results.

I also purchased a power ball from them (to polish wheels) but have not used it yet. I am expecting that product to work well.

On the other hands I have used about 20 different Meguiar's products and all of them were great. From their consumer, detailers and Professional lines. Just a great company over all.

Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax? That stuff is awesome. It looks just as good as WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, just doesn't last as long.