PDA

View Full Version : Swirls finder light. Rupes and Flex

EvolutionDetail
04-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Hey fellas, I know the flex and rupes swirl finder light has been out for a while now.

And I am looking to invest in a dedicated swirl finder light. I been using a fenix high led flashlight. Curious to see if the rupes or flex is better than the fenix.

So my question is, which brand light do you guys suggests?

Rmd
04-12-2014, 02:29 PM
There was another thread on the flex vs. rupes, and one member gave one of the funniest responses I have seen on the forum. He said the rupes light is smoother but it only works on flat surfaces. Not stealing his quote, just giving props where they are due.

I realize that doesn't help you, but it was so classic I had to revisit it.

EvolutionDetail
04-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Well thats weird lol....
I am unsure if that is purely a joke or if he really meant that

hernandez.art13
04-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Well since since RMD is being Mr. Funny guy, I suggest you get both lights. So you can have each one for any job that should arise.

The questions always gets asked, which one should I get? The Flex or Rupes. My answer is just get both :laughing:

:joking::poke::haha:

Serious note:
I am actually looking into getting one of these too. I like the Flex light because it's big and would probably be hard to lose, but I have the seen the Rupes light more commonly used lightly...

helder87
04-12-2014, 03:04 PM
I have the flex light and love it, but I couldnt tell you how it compares to the other

EvolutionDetail
04-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Well since since RMD is being Mr. Funny guy, I suggest you get both lights. So you can have each one for any job that should arise.

The questions always gets asked, which one should I get? The Flex or Rupes. My answer is just get both :laughing:

:joking::poke::haha:

Serious note:
I am actually looking into getting one of these too. I like the Flex light because it's big and would probably be hard to lose, but I have the seen the Rupes light more commonly used lightly...

Lol i am not very good with humor / sarcasm. Most of the time i will not understand it.

But i wish i can afford 2, the last time i did any paint correction was about a year ago. So it is not something i use very often.
I been relying on my high power led fenix flashlight for defects.

But the Flex seems much more affordable at the $40 w/ 15% off discount

6supersport7
04-12-2014, 03:35 PM
What makes these any better then any other high output led light?
I use a coast px25, 208 lumen I got from Lowes. Works great

Rmd
04-12-2014, 03:39 PM
It was definitely sarcasm. He was referencing comments about their polishers and applying them to the lights. Art, FWIW, I wish I could take credit for being Mr. Funny guy; but that was already done better than I could do it.

EvolutionDetail
04-12-2014, 03:42 PM
What makes these any better then any other high output led light?
I use a coast px25, 208 lumen I got from Lowes. Works great

Well the fenix light i have is blinding when i shine it on the paint. It is too bright for the job, however it does show the defects.