PDA

View Full Version : Just had Joe Fernandez(Superior Shine) work on my car.....

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
04-11-2014, 08:50 PM
While my new car was in transport from Arizona, two bird bombs etched into the paint pretty deep! I tried removing by hand, but didn't put a dent in the defects. I knew sanding would be required. Thank God I live near one of the best detailers in the world! I had FULL confidence in Joe sanding my FACTORY clearcoat. He took all measures to gauge each step so that he wasn't removing too much paint. He had to sand with 1500 grit initially to do the grunt work. You have to KNOW WHAT YOU"RE DOING when using 1500 on factory clear. He finished up with 2500 grit, then removed the sanding scratches. Wallah, the etchings were GONE! Best of all, not much paint removed at all. :props: Joe is a great guy, really funny! Needless to say, he does outstanding work and is VERY knowledgeable!!!

Paul Mitchell
04-11-2014, 08:53 PM
You're a lucky man to have Joe work on your car! Glad everything turned out well.

wlshephard
04-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your new car getting damaged by bird droppings. Glad to hear Joe fixed you up. I have never met him but he seems like a nice guy.

57BORNTORUN
04-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Met Joe at Detail Fest...What a Quality dude!!!

ArkayoDeetayo
04-11-2014, 09:11 PM
how much does something like that cost

WRAPT C5Z06
04-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys.

Met Joe at Detail Fest...What a Quality dude!!!

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rmd
04-11-2014, 09:43 PM
The car wasn't wrapped in that plastic stuff from the factory during transport to the dealer?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-11-2014, 09:50 PM
The car wasn't wrapped in that plastic stuff from the factory during transport to the dealer?
I bought it from an out of state dealer. It was on their lot for a bit.

Flash Gordon
04-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Can't think of anyone better you could've had do this. Lucky man living close by

Tato
04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Wow, looked at the thread title and immediately thought: "Kidding!??!!"

Looks awesome, I admire Joe a lot and I feel good reading about forum members meeting and cooperating each other.

Kind Regards.

runrun411
04-11-2014, 10:11 PM
I saw a video of Joe's seminar at DF. He seems like a great guy. I think it was smart of you to concede and hand that work over to Joe, Even though you have great knowledge and could have done it yourself. Sometimes you have to hand it over to better hands.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-11-2014, 10:22 PM
I saw a video of Joe's seminar at DF. He seems like a great guy. I think it was smart of you to concede and hand that work over to Joe, Even though you have great knowledge and could have done it yourself. Sometimes you have to hand it over to better hands.

I'm very comfortable with a polisher, but my sanding experience is limited. No way was I comfortable attempting this task. ;)

WRAPT C5Z06
04-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Wow, looked at the thread title and immediately thought: "Kidding!??!!"

Looks awesome, I admire Joe a lot and I feel good reading about forum members meeting and cooperating each other.

Kind Regards.
I met Joe about 5 years ago and he's the one who inspired me to get into detailing. :dblthumb2:

Paul A.
04-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Did you hang around and watch...and learn? I would've!

(wait a minute...of course you did)

It's good to hear your happy with your paint again and no better guy in your area to do it.

master detailer
04-12-2014, 08:41 AM
you pay and you get a one on one with joe to get tips.Well worth the money.God bless joe and all the things he has done to help others.