PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME!!!! Outdoor detailing.

Venza
04-10-2014, 08:52 PM
As we all now detailing a car takes quite some time specially if you're the type of person that makes sure no little detail is missed. I for one will spent a good 4 to 6 hours vacuuming, cleaning the interior, washing, drying and claying the car sometimes it may even take longer!; by the time you get to the fun stuff the day it's practically over!

It's an easy fix for someone who has a garage as they can come back to where they left of the next day, but unfortunately I do not have the privilege of owning one. I been joggling with the idea of prepping the car on a Saturday to the point where is all taped up and ready for polishing, covering the vehicle with a car cover over night to keep it from accumulating dust or any contaminants so that by Sunday morning it will still be squeaky clean and ready for polishing!

Any ideas on how to effectively split the workload over two days? Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

-fil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crober53
04-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Car cover. Or wash it. I have a garage... but my truck is about an inch too tall for the door. I usually just wash it if I go into a day 2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

Venza
04-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Car cover. Or wash it. I have a garage... but my truck is about an inch too tall for the door. I usually just wash it if I go into a day 2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

I was thinking that two... A quick wash to make sure there's nothing on it before polishing. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just02896
04-10-2014, 09:50 PM
A cover would do the trick. I've got a two day correction and coating scheduled for this weekend and plan to do the wash and decon tomorrow afternoon and correction and coating on Saturday. All will be done in my garage and the car will be under a cover overnight due to dust and other possible contaminents even though it'll be in my garage. Better safe than sorry!

nebojsa
04-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Just do a water less or rindless wash. It should be quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolop6
04-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Why not do the interior day 1
Wash, prep,polish........ Day 2

3rdchildhood
04-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Do you have room for a car port I put one next to my garage and use it for my detailing bay. works great.

12silvy
04-10-2014, 10:52 PM
I have access to a shed but I cant leave my truck in there overnight. I usually get a full wash, clay, tape, and compounded then I go home. When I go back the next morning ill inspect and either do an ipa wipe down, or rinseless wash very carefully. If you're going to polish the slight marring or swirls you may cause will buff out.

Venza
04-11-2014, 09:35 AM
A cover would do the trick. I've got a two day correction and coating scheduled for this weekend and plan to do the wash and decon tomorrow afternoon and correction and coating on Saturday. All will be done in my garage and the car will be under a cover overnight due to dust and other possible contaminents even though it'll be in my garage. Better safe than sorry!

That's my line of thinking...what cover would you recommend?

Just do a water less or rindless wash. It should be quick

I debated with something along that line or even a quick spray with a foam gun.

Why not do the interior day 1
Wash, prep,polish........ Day 2

Do you have room for a car port I put one next to my garage and use it for my detailing bay. works great.

I do not :/ and wouldn't it still leave the car somewhat exposed?

I have access to a shed but I cant leave my truck in there overnight. I usually get a full wash, clay, tape, and compounded then I go home. When I go back the next morning ill inspect and either do an ipa wipe down, or rinseless wash very carefully. If you're going to polish the slight marring or swirls you may cause will buff out.

Good idea... What do you use for IPA?

Thanks for the input guys!

12silvy
04-11-2014, 01:01 PM
1 part Isopropyl alcohol to 1 part distiller water. You could also use carpro eraser but IPA is cheaper

Venza
04-14-2014, 12:17 PM
I used the car cover method and it worked! Prep the car Saturday and worked on polishing Sunday... Will post land pictures of the results later on....

Thank you for the feedback!

-fil