PDA

View Full Version : Company name

Headlightdr
04-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Hi guys, hope I'm posting this in the proper forum. I'm a newbie here. I have a general question and looking for some advice.I currently do headlight restoration under the name Headlight Dr. and will be adding detailing to my services offered. To make it simple I'm thinking of using the name Headlight Dr.& Detail Dr. I can't give up the name Headlight Dr. because of marketing reasons. I'm not crazy about adding Detail Dr., but it seems to be the best thing. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know

jamesboyy
04-10-2014, 06:36 PM
If it was me I would just stick with headlight Dr since everyone know you as that then just state that you now does detailing services as well as headlight restoration....just my eight cents

thebamboo23
04-10-2014, 07:27 PM
marketing reasons as in?

cant see it being much of an issue. post on all your social networks, text/email your customers, etc that you're changing your name

once you change your name, do a promotion stating once more that you changed your name to XYZ, leverage this opportunity and get more likes/shares, etc..

unless its a completely different reason :D

hernandez.art13
04-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Maybe just add what you are doing now in parentheses? That's what I did and people stopped asking me if I can remove heavy carpet stains (extractor etc...) which is good and bad, a lot of people have gross stains and I'm sure if I wanted to expand my professionalism to that market I could. I do interior too, but not at the level other detailers do.

but in your case your actually adding more to your business so I would assume it would have it's benefits.

This took me about 3 minutes to make, so of course not saying use this exactly, just did it to give you another idea. So wherever you advertise, business cards, website, FB, etc... just add to your business cards what your are doing now (more specifically and choose your own wording and design)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2314/medium/Headlight_Dr.jpg

just trying to throw out some different idea. I like the name Dr. Headlight

mcochris
04-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Dr also means "drive". Spell out "Doctor Detail"