PDA

View Full Version : question on jeep rims and meguiars wheel d143

Bill1234
04-10-2014, 04:44 PM
My friend wanted his jeep done again. He has the rims pictured in the top right. According to to jeep, they said aluminum and meguiars d143 says to not use on anodized aluminum. Am I able to use the wheel cleaner here or should I try something else?

hernandez.art13
04-10-2014, 05:14 PM
If they are aluminum but have been clear coated and are OEM I think it's fine. On just bare aluminum your better off something designed for aluminum to be safe.

Also do a test spot.

There is a thread over at MOL but since we aren't allowed to post links I can't. Do a google search...

I'm talking about this

Meguiars Hot RimsŪ Aluminum Wheel Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hot-rims--aluminum-wheel-cleaner.html)

Are they bare aluminum or OEM aluminum that have been sprayed with clear?

Bill1234
04-10-2014, 05:17 PM
If I am correct, d143 is a pro version of meguiars all wheel, just without the a acid? I have used meguiars wheel cleaner in the purple bottle to fix up my friends rims and no problems occurred

hernandez.art13
04-10-2014, 05:31 PM
I used the OTC Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel cleaner and fell in love with it. So I went of and bought d143.

I remember talking with Meguiar's customer service and I chose D143 over D140 because it is non acidic. From the conversation I remember having with them. D143 can be used on wheels and the tires and regular maintenance washes. My wheels and tires are so clean that I just use soap now and brushes. While D140 is recommended more for just wheels.

of course make sure it is safe for the wheel, test spot.

This is just what I remember before buying it, so if anything just give Meguiar's a call.

D143 is the wheel cleaner I used when cleaning the dirty wheels and tires on the truck in the video I made.

A lot of people suggested I start wearing gloves when I use D143 after they watched the video. So I bought some Raven gloves.

Hope that helps some

goldendodo19
04-10-2014, 07:39 PM
If I am correct, d143 is a pro version of meguiars all wheel, just without the a acid? I have used meguiars wheel cleaner in the purple bottle to fix up my friends rims and no problems occurred

so then whats the issue?