mikesal57
04-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Hi All..

Just used my new foamblaster.....
All I can say is WOW!!
With 2 oz of soap and then water ..the foam was plentiful

My question...

After foaming up the car...I waited 5 minutes for the "dwell" to work in

Then I started to wipe cafefully away the dirt using the "rolling" technique with the one bucket clean water with grit guard..
my problem is by time i got to the other end of my car ....It dried up.

Yes, I was in the on and off sunlight ...but I dont have shade to work with.
I've also seen people wet down then foam and people apply without wetting down.
There was also a video where that Chemical Guy sprays the gun onto his mitt and wipes down.
I also saw a guy the washed and foamed his car 4 times!!!

Please give me your best technique on approaching this without product drying out.
and being economical and fast.

Thxs

Mike

brondondolon
04-10-2014, 03:33 PM
This is exactly why I haven't bought a foam canon. My suggestion would be to find an ez-up on craiglist for $40.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Paul A.
04-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Can you break it up into sections? That is, foam a section, let it dwell then hit it with your wash media? Move from section to section.

mikesal57
04-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Can you break it up into sections? That is, foam a section, let it dwell then hit it with your wash media? Move from section to section.

looks like the path I have to take...thxs

EVOlved
04-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Here is what you do:
Foam
Let it dwell for 5
Rinse
Foam roof
Use mitt on roof
Move onto next panel do the same..

Usually I'll rinse half way through the car. Then dry obviously.

Audios S6
04-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I'll normally foam as a pretreatment, then rinse, then 2BM. Trying to pretreat with foam then foam again as part of a wash step just isn't efficient for me - takes as much time as a 2BM and uses more soap.

Some people spray the for right on front of the wash mitt as they are washing - just slightly different than doing it one panel at a time.

EVOlved
04-10-2014, 08:12 PM
I'll normally foam as a pretreatment, then rinse, then 2BM. Trying to pretreat with foam then foam again as part of a wash step just isn't efficient for me - takes as much time as a 2BM and uses more soap.

Some people spray the for right on front of the wash mitt as they are washing - just slightly different than doing it one panel at a time.

If it's a foam gun maybe but if you use a cannon in one hand and a mitt in the other gl to you.