PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Extractors vs Steamers?

Kadetail
04-10-2014, 02:45 PM
What does everyone use or recommend? i run a full time detailing shop and in need of something reliable and efficient but not sure what carpet extractor or what steamer works best? Any suggestions out there

allenk4
04-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Full-time detailing shop....you probably need both

ThomasonCarCare
04-10-2014, 02:52 PM
You will need both for sure.

Just02896
04-10-2014, 02:53 PM
I've got a new model Mytee Lite II that works phenomenally! Awesome heat, pressure, and lift. Carpets and upholstery are damn near dry when I'm finished.

mac11wildcat
04-10-2014, 03:07 PM
As a pro detailing shop you'll need both. The steamer is too valuable elsewhere to be tied up handling a job an extractor would normally be used for. Granted some jobs are easier with steam, but options are good.

A-train
04-10-2014, 03:27 PM
For an extractor you will probably want something larger than a mytee lite. I would recommend the mytee HP 60 or 100. The ability to do more than one vehicle without having to empty and refill the tanks would be a time saver. For the steamer their are a lot of good options. Vx-5000, VC 4000, and then you also have to Daimer and Vaparmor line. I would recommend a stainless steel housing. You also want to make sure that your tank is big enough to suit your needs as well as getting a model that is continuous fill so you don't have to turn the unit off and then back on and wait for it to produce steam

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tpr1634
04-10-2014, 03:35 PM
I've got a new model Mytee Lite II that works phenomenally! Awesome heat, pressure, and lift. Carpets and upholstery are damn near dry when I'm finished.

The new model does look improved over my 3 year old lite.
Mine sits way more than I use It, did flush with maintainer, but it still clogged. I thought the pump went, lesson learned to blow water though it once and while.