PDA

View Full Version : Pollen question

Pages : [1] 2

Grifffx4
04-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Can pollen scratch/swirl paint/clear coat?

It's that time of year here in GA and cars are turning yellow. How worried/pre cautious should I be when detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillaCam
04-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Yes it can swirl if you aren't careful. I just rinse often and make sure my wash media is clean.
I'm in Georgia also and I washed my car yesterday and it's already covered in yellow.
I don't apply wax or sealants outside during the pollen season either.

Grifffx4
04-10-2014, 12:38 PM
That answers my next question. Thanks.

Here's my truck and a coworkers car today. 265822658326584

04-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Dam, that's crazy pollen!

Grifffx4
04-10-2014, 12:50 PM

Yeah and it's just getting started. It will last 3-4 weeks. Any count over 1500 is "extreme", we are at 2200 or so today. In 2012 we hit 9369.

shkGX470
04-10-2014, 01:50 PM
I live in GA as well and I have a black truck to make things even worse. Just terrible!

And, I have allergies. I swear it looks like I got into a bar fight every morning.

brondondolon
04-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Thats so much pollen!! I bet all the tweekers in your area are turning their meth back into sudafed!!!

HUMP DIESEL
04-10-2014, 02:33 PM
South Carolina here and I can see it on my white car. I can also feel it in my head and how my equilibrium is really off. Makes you feel like crap as well as makes the car look like it.

HUMP

Grifffx4
04-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Y'all are right about the allergies! I don't have them often but during this time of year it just gets to you. I feel sorry for those that have normally bad allergies. Got to be hell.

brondondolon
04-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Y'all are right about the allergies! I don't have them often but during this time of year it just gets to you. I feel sorry for those that have normally bad allergies. Got to be hell.

I used to be severely allergic to cats. So bad that my eyes would produce this goop and I wouldn't be able to breathe. I ended up dating a crazy cat lady for four years who had something like 5 cats. Some how I ended up getting over that allergy probably because I was constantly exposed to it and choosing the poon over the allergies lol. If you saw this girl you would understand lol. Funny thing is shes now in the 300lbs range and truly is a crazy cat lady now lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Grifffx4
04-10-2014, 03:24 PM
lmao, what we will do for a little p***y. In your case you tolerated bad p***y for good p***y.

Desertnate
04-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Thats so much pollen!! I bet all the tweekers in your area are turning their meth back into sudafed!!!

This made me laugh out loud! I don't think I'll ever go through the whole ID check at a pharmacy again without thinking about it.

Here our late Spring is just now kicking in and my allergies are going nuts!

I thought it was interesting that the pollen in this thread's pictures are in huge clumps. With gobs like that, can you see it floating through the air?

Here it's a petty fine layer that evenly coats everything and gives everyone's car a yellow-ish matte coating.

brondondolon
04-10-2014, 03:38 PM
lmao, what we will do for a little p***y. In your case you tolerated bad p***y for good p***y.

Haha no kidding

brondondolon
04-10-2014, 03:38 PM
This made me laugh out loud! I don't think I'll ever go through the whole ID check at a pharmacy again without thinking about it.

Here our late Spring is just now kicking in and my allergies are going nuts!

I thought it was interesting that the pollen in this thread's pictures are in huge clumps. With gobs like that, can you see it floating through the air?

Here it's a petty fine layer that evenly coats everything and gives everyone's car a yellow-ish matte coating.

Lol after I typed it I started laughing too hahaha

custmsprty
04-10-2014, 04:07 PM

We're in our sixth week down here in Florida and still have weeks to go, first the palm trees, then the oaks, then the cypress trees behind my house. I basically don't even worry about my truck for 6-8 weeks, I just make sure a put a good coating of sealant on it in February.