PDA

View Full Version : Noob Pressure washer question

sgtk
04-10-2014, 10:41 AM
http://www.menards.com/main/store/20090519001/items/media/Hardware/ROYAL007/ProductLarge/261-1593.jpgI bought a cheap pressure washer 2 years ago mainly for spraying some mildew/moss driveway and patio. This was before I found this site and all the new toys I now want to use. Its a dirt devil pressureflex 1600 psi. Is it possible to get a foam cannon to work with this machine? If so what will I need to make it happen? I haven't seen anyone use a similar machine when doing a search. Any help would be appreciated. I would prefer not to have to purchase another washer if possible. This will not be used professionally- just for my personal cars.
1600 PSI Dirt Devil Pressure Washer at Menards (http://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/outdoor-power-equipment/pressure-washers/1600-psi-dirt-devil-pressure-washer/p-1498224-c-10113.htm)

Bunky
04-10-2014, 10:53 AM
You should be able to use it if there is an adapter for it. I have a 1400 psi / 2 GPM PW and a foam cannon works fine for me.

Angus
04-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Out of curiosity I looked up that machine on Dirt Devils site to see if I could help and try figure out what kind of fitting you'd need. But instead i noticed all 10 user reviews complaining about their machine breaking after a year or two. I know you said you don't want to buy a new machine but I'd hate to see anyone spend $ on an accessory only to have the main unit break down. Just my 2 cents.

sgtk
04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Out of curiosity I looked up that machine on Dirt Devils site to see if I could help and try figure out what kind of fitting you'd need. But instead i noticed all 10 user reviews complaining about their machine breaking after a year or two. I know you said you don't want to buy a new machine but I'd hate to see anyone spend $ on an accessory only to have the main unit break down. Just my 2 cents.

Understandable, but If I can get it to work and then the PW dies I will upgrade and can swap/purchase fittings to match another machine if need be.

LaFawnduh
04-10-2014, 05:25 PM
I have an inexpensive PW that is 1600max psi and it works fine. The reviews of mine also called it junk and that is broke early. I've had mine for 3 years, use it 2-3 times a month, an have never had an issue.

Based on the picture in the link it seems like a Bosch fitting but can't be sure as the wings on the adaptor look smaller. But really hard to be sure on such a small image.

sgtk
04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
I will try to get pics when I can. I am recovering from ankle surgery and getting to the buried washer would be difficult at the moment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Angus
04-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Understandable, but If I can get it to work and then the PW dies I will upgrade and can swap/purchase fittings to match another machine if need be.

Cool, glad to hear it. Foam cannons are fun to use and great for removing winter grime. I agree with LaFawnduh, based on the small photo Bosch would also be my guess.

Best of luck with your ankle!