PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

sslover85
04-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Hello AG world. I've been dabbling here since 2009 and I don't think I've ever posted. This is the site where I first learned about duragloss and have been using it every since. I WAS a weekend warrior that applied waxes and polishes by hand until I restored a 1996 Chevy Impala that is black and somehow got swirls. Using the hand just wouldn't do. Long story short after extensive research here and you tube videos I went out and bought a harbor freight DA. All I can say is WOW!!! I was sold after I attempted the tape trick. The DA was a workout though. I was going to use M105 and 205 but I already had Meguiars Ultimate Compound that I used once and added to my collection because I used it by hand. It did everything I wanted it to do with the DA. Took out water spots, minor scratches and swirls. My car's paintjob was done flawless by my painter. deep wet black paint, but anyways all I did was corrected it and took it to a show and folks loved it. My question is do I need to add the Ultimate Polish on top?? Will it pop out even more or go straight to wax?? I just ordered collinite 845 because nothing I use as a wax is protecting for me. My car shines like crazy now I just want to protect it. Example I went to a car show in Oct. and what I thought was dust was embedded in my paint. I came home upset and clayed the hood and used DG 101 or 111 and it came back. Sorry for my rant and thanks for reading this. I'm in the Army and I'm a DIY type of person because I've seen what some so called "professionals" can do. Thanks!!!