PDA

View Full Version : Best non abrasive paint cleanser/polish?

Hellrot 840ci
04-09-2014, 05:19 PM
What do you guys think of these

Klasse AIO
P21s paint cleanser
Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion

octane
04-09-2014, 05:41 PM
tried the P21s, liked it but now I mostly use pre coating paint cleaners

TroyScherer
04-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Klasse AIO is great. And my go to paint cleaner if I'm just cleaning and reapplying a sealant or wax.

If you need more cleaning look into Werstat Prime Strong. It's like KAIO on steroids.

FUNX650
04-09-2014, 05:48 PM
I use K-AIO when I'm going to use K-HGSG as the LSP.
I have used Meguiar's #7...a "pure polish"...(no abrasives);
and 3M IHG prior to applying many different Waxes and Sealants.

I have never used the other two products.

What LSPs have you planned to use after you have cleaned the paint?
Some may require certain, and specific:
Manufacturers' cleaning methods/requirements.
In that case: I follow those recommendations.

Bob

Tato
04-09-2014, 06:42 PM
I lean towards PBL cleansing polish.

To observe it's cleaning power, try using a cutting (like orange) pad on glass, you'll observe how much dirty and grime it removes in few passes, also ~90% of waterspots cases (but not in the worst baddest cases (the last 10% or less).

This using speed 5 on Flex 3401, some pressure, and 3 to 4 passes with slow (normal) arm movement.

It always wonders me on windshield while I'm prepping for a coating.

It's just not the easiest product to wipe off. No, it's not dry to the paint stuff, it's very concentrated so you will have to wipe it turning towel side often to remove everything without letting residue left.

I was able to polish entire car with it then remove everything at the end with no issue at all (just the normal work of wiping polish off an entire car at once ahhahah).

I like this product.

Cons: Expensive

Fav: Lots of AG seasonal discounts and coupons!

I've used PBL cleansing polish on a coated car to clean and rejuvenate the coating, worked as expected. I've used a finishing pad (no cutting) to work this out, since I would not want to cut even the finest polishing pad over the coating.

When prepping for coating / sealant / wax, I will use it with a polishing pad, at least (generally white CCS, flat, hybrid, etc).

However, if you are not leaning toward coating, maybe the cost would be excessive for just a prepare for wax product.

Hope that helps you in any form.

Kind Regards.

mdgrwl
04-09-2014, 06:49 PM
P21s