PDA

View Full Version : Question about topping...

Supergus1
04-09-2014, 04:44 PM
So until I get my PC/ Pinnacle kit, I washed, clayed, polished, and waxed my Tundra by hand today. I waxed with Meg's UW but I'd like to top with carnuba. I'll need to drive the truck tomorrow before hand. Do I need to re-wash it first or can I wipe with a QD?

MrOneEyedBoh
04-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Ehh by using a QD you risk scratching the paint. In the end its a DD I would assume? I dont think the one time will impact the paint to the point where you would see it. Again its not GOOD to do it, but Ive done it... Just use LIGHT pressure and a deep nap MF, like the chinchilla.

RobertJ34
04-09-2014, 04:49 PM
If you aren't driving through anything crazy, just simple street miles, then a QD, or Waterless wash will work just fine. Use multiple microfibers, use good amount of product. "Saturate" the surface.

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Be safe and wash the car. No questions asked. QD you risk the possibility of scratches. IMO I do not care if there is light dust or not. Wash it because you will be compound polishing and polishing very soon. If there is any dirt or dust the PC will make it worse. Again, my $.02 worth.

If you were not polishing....then QD, but from my understanding, you are going to be using a PC.

Supergus1
04-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Ehh by using a QD you risk scratching the paint. In the end its a DD I would assume? I dont think the one time will impact the paint to the point where you would see it. Again its not GOOD to do it, but Ive done it... Just use LIGHT pressure and a deep nap MF, like the chinchilla.
Yep it's my DD. I still would like to do what I can to avoid scratches, so I think I'll re-wash first, unless someone has other options. I don't have any washless/rinseless products and no local retailers nearby that carry them, so I have limited products available.

MrOneEyedBoh
04-09-2014, 05:07 PM
There are no other options... Just wash it then.

Supergus1
04-10-2014, 03:54 PM
There are no other options... Just wash it then.
Sounds like a plan. Thanks!