PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead move = scuff on my hood

captainofiron
04-09-2014, 02:44 PM
So I was carrying the new kitchen sink I bought to my Jeep to return it after we opened it and found that it had been previously purchased and broken.

While I was walking up my driveway I was walking around my Veloster and slipped a little and I felt the box drag, I look down, and a giant ~10 inch scuff in the paint, I ran inside and got some Meguiars quick detailer and a rag hoping that it would come right off... NOPE

I felt the scuff and ran my fingernail over it, and it doesnt appear to be scratches.

Any ideas on how to remove the scuff without compromising the finish?

the car is only a year and a couple months old, and the paint WAS perfect...

CDot
04-09-2014, 03:42 PM
I assume it was a cardboard box and the edge (or ede with tape) scuffed the paint? Just grab some polish + a MF applicator and clear it up by hand. Start with least aggressive and go up if need-be.

captainofiron
04-09-2014, 04:15 PM
I assume it was a cardboard box and the edge (or ede with tape) scuffed the paint? Just grab some polish + a MF applicator and clear it up by hand. Start with least aggressive and go up if need-be.

yea, sorry I forgot to add that, it was a cardboard box.

I will try that out this weekend.

the scuff has ruined my week so far... haha

Just02896
04-09-2014, 06:47 PM
yea, sorry I forgot to add that, it was a cardboard box.

I will try that out this weekend.

the scuff has ruined my week so far... haha

Don't let it bother you! Sounds like a superficial scuff that will be easy to correct! :-)

brondondolon
04-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Don't feel bad I was on the last panel on the final stage of a paint correction today and my buffer slipped out of my hand while it was on and fell on the hood jumping all over the place... I was not happy.

A polish and a med pad should remove it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

captainofiron
04-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks guys

captainofiron
05-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Well I spent the holiday in the garage working on my Veloster and the wifes SUV.

I tried the polish on the scuff and it was still visible so I took a little Megs ultimate compound to it and it looked better so I used a white pad and my 7424 and it came out and looks great.

On my wifes Black SUV, she has a tendency to find stuff to hit with her bumpers, haha, so I had a little more work.

The car had been wrecked and poorly fixed by the previous owner, so the paint was pretty bad in places. I took a yellow pad to those areas and WOW, no haze, no swirls, and the places where you can see they tried to wetsand it, now look great.

Night and day difference.

Thanks guys