PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessary items in customers vehicles

DylansDetailing
04-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Do you ask your customers to clear out any unnecessary items In their car before you start? Usually I just place their items in a cardboard box in the trunk and let the customer know.

I'd like to hear others input. What do you guys do?

wdmaccord
04-09-2014, 02:22 PM
All contents that I remove I put in a gallon ziploc bag and leave it on the front passenger seat. I don't try to remember where everything went and rather give them an opportunity to "reorganize" and maybe even throw out some items. I usually tell them I will do this when they drop off. If the car is very organized and say they only have items in the glove box like owners manual, insurance, and registration...I'll just go ahead and put those items back when I'm done.

jamesboyy
04-09-2014, 02:23 PM
I tell my customers to remove all personal belongings prior to me doing work but once in a while you will get a customer that wont remove there belongs and then you have to place it in a box, and put it in the truck or back seat

parttimer
04-09-2014, 02:33 PM
I ask everything that is not garbage get taken out. Had one lady who said oh yeah, its all cleaned out. I had two Tupperware containers full after cleaning it out!

215Detailing
04-09-2014, 02:34 PM
I tell my customers to remove all personal belongings prior to me doing work but once in a while you will get a customer that wont remove there belongs and then you have to place it in a box, and put it in the truck or back seat

+1
much easier if they remove all items before hand, I have in print not responsible for missing items or damages
I will bag/box up items for them though.

DaVinciAutoSpa
04-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Yes, I'll instruct clients to empty out vehicle of all personal belongings before detailing. Of course, those that don't get their stuff put in the gallon Ziploc freezer bag.

I'm cautious to throw away anything. You never know if an old straw wrapper or water bottle holds sentimental value to some folks. Yes, I'm serious. (There's a story behind this.)

Except the time I came across three dirty diapers under the third row seats of an suv.

In. The. Middle. Of. Summer. True story.

dcjredline
04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
I use a little (or big) paper "thank you" type bag that I buy in bulk and have my Daughter decorate. The female clients LOVE the bag! And I staple a business card to it also.

GenesisCoupe
04-11-2014, 11:03 AM
^^ I remember you sharing some of those, awesome stuff!

I tell them that if there is anything they need to clear to please do so, if i find something i just leave it in the passenger seat.

STPETEDALE
07-09-2014, 07:51 PM
I save my Publix plastic bags and bag everything. Never had a complaint and makes cleaning easier next time.

Lakeside Detail
07-09-2014, 08:17 PM
I carry boxes and ziplocks of different sizes. I remind people sometimes if I have a minivan or something I know could be loaded to the gills with various items. I found a disposable toilet in a rx350 the other day,thankfully is was NIB :laughing: I didn't even know they made those...