PDA

View Full Version : Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine?

RubbishReview
04-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Ok, so I am getting ready to put a rather large order of car supplies in for the summer and I on the fence in regards to the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine and wanted to get everyones thoughts.

I am looking to purchase clay lube, quick detailer, and a rinseless wash. I was going to buy the Chemical Guys Clay Lube, CG Hose Free Eco Wash, and CG P40 however it would appear that the Optimum can do it all? I have read that as a quick detailer the optimum is not the greatest, but as a rinseless wash and clay lube it is one of the best. Thoughts?

215Detailing
04-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Ok, so I am getting ready to put a rather large order of car supplies in for the summer and I on the fence in regards to the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine and wanted to get everyones thoughts.

I am looking to purchase clay lube, quick detailer, and a rinseless wash. I was going to buy the Chemical Guys Clay Lube, CG Hose Free Eco Wash, and CG P40 however it would appear that the Optimum can do it all? I have read that as a quick detailer the optimum is not the greatest, but as a rinseless wash and clay lube it is one of the best. Thoughts?

OMR is great this may give you more value
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)

Heisenberg
04-09-2014, 02:33 PM
I'd recommend ONR over all of those products. ONR is all I use for clay lube. Makes a great QD too. I keep some in my car for emergency bird bombs. I'd get a bottle of that over those three products - should definitely save you some money. Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate is also outstanding if you're looking for a similar product. They're products I cannot live without.

If you want to try a great product from Chemical Guys, give V7 a shot.

Loser
04-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I have both ONR (primarily for rinseless) and CG Luber. I think the Luber smells better but once it is gone I'll just use ONR for my clay lube. As for a quick detailer, ONR works for that as well but I prefer something that will leave behind a little more protection so I'm currently using CG V7 for that.

RubbishReview
04-09-2014, 02:44 PM
I'd recommend ONR over all of those products. ONR is all I use for clay lube. Makes a great QD too. I keep some in my car for emergency bird bombs. I'd get a bottle of that over those three products - should definitely save you some money. Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate is also outstanding if you're looking for a similar product. They're products I cannot live without.

If you want to try a great product from Chemical Guys, give V7 a shot.

I have looked at the V7, but I don't want to use it as I am not sure how it will work with my Zymol Titanium Wax. One I don't want it to remove it and two I don't want it affect the ability to be able to layer it on the car. The P40 which I already use and love is carnauba based so I don't worry about it as much.

However thanks for the suggestion.

RubbishReview
04-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Does the optimum contain any kind wax any in it? Also I am assuming that it is wax safe, is this correct?

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Does the optimum contain any kind wax any in it? Also I am assuming that it is wax safe, is this correct?

Optimum No Rinse has no carnauba. They have Optimum no rinse w/Carnauba. I use that for my Rinseless wash, clay lube and water less wash. Very similar to ONR except with wax.

This is my go to stuff.

:xyxthumbs:

tpr1634
04-09-2014, 03:06 PM
I use it as a clay lube, a detail spray and I add ounce to to my wash bucket. One product buy a gallon done! :buffing:

Lowejackson
04-10-2014, 05:30 AM
I have used ONR as a clay lube many times without any issues but I should point out some people have had some problems with clay & ONR. Don't let this put you off ONR, it is a great and very verstile product. If it has a hard surface, ONR will do a good job at cleaning it. Ideal for use in the house as well. Mix some ONR with IPA and it is a great window cleaner. As someone said here recently, ONR is the Swiss Army Knife of the detailing world

Setec Astronomy
04-10-2014, 06:09 AM
Sounds like you are more comfortable with the CG products so I would stick with that rather than risk disappointment.

Optimum, and ONR in particular has a very large following, but it sounds like you want us to talk you out of it, so stick with CG.

swanicyouth
04-10-2014, 06:26 AM
I've tried a ton of these type of products, and I'll give you my take on it. I always use ONR for a clay lube @ 1:16. When I clay, I use a lot of lube - sometimes 60oz on an SUV. So, ONR is pretty cheap and works well at that. But, as a rinseless it's not my favorite. As a QD it will work (1:16), but I get no real enjoyment out of using it that way.

UWW+ I like much better than ONR for all of these tasks, except clay lube. However, I'm sure it would work just fine as a clay lube - I just don't use it that way. It also makes one of the best waterless washes. If I had to go with one product, I'd go for UWW+.

ski2
04-10-2014, 07:28 AM
UWW+ I like much better than ONR for all of these tasks, except clay lube. However, I'm sure it would work just fine as a clay lube - I just don't use it that way. It also makes one of the best waterless washes. If I had to go with one product, I'd go for UWW+.

I've had the same experience. After using ONR for years gave UWW+1 a try and even as a clay lube I find it seems to be "slicker" than ONR.

However, I still find ONR much better for wiping down the interior, cleaning the headliner and cleaning windows (even the house windows that seem to stay cleaner allot longer after using ONR.)

RubbishReview
04-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Sounds like you are more comfortable with the CG products so I would stick with that rather than risk disappointment.

Optimum, and ONR in particular has a very large following, but it sounds like you want us to talk you out of it, so stick with CG.

So I want deny it I was kinda looking for you guys to talk me out of it, but at the same time I was looking to see if anyone would talk me out of the Chemical Guys. Since there really has not been anything really negative said about the CG products I think I am going to give them a try this time.

Thank you though.

ThomasonCarCare
04-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Get Hybrid V7 for sure! It will not adversly effect your LSP. Some say it mutes the beading effect a little bit, but thats it. It is with out a doubt one of the best spray sealants out there to use for a quick shine. Super easy to use and smells fantastic.

Andr3wilson
04-10-2014, 02:46 PM
ONR is a favourite of mine. Also from CG synthetic QD spray is another favourite! V7 I threw out.