PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Hot Foam Tire Shine

Coopers ST
04-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Would Meg's Hot Foam Tire Shine work, or be safe to clean this honeycomb grille? What would you recommend? Every hole isn't really a hole so a small brush really doesn't work well.

Thanks

Matt-erhorn
04-08-2014, 05:34 PM
It could work but the foam would be a messy clean up. For the honeycomb grills on my car, I'll use a aerosol dressing. In particular, I use Stoner's Trim Shine.

The Guz
04-08-2014, 05:54 PM
I use meguiar's plastic & vinyl coating on my honeycomb grilles. Works really good. I have seen it at pep boys if you have one near you that you can check out.
Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating, exterior trim coating, trim dressing, vinyl protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-plastic-vinyl-coating.html)

Meguiar's ultimate black may be another option for over the counter.

VISITOR
04-08-2014, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't use the megs hot shine tire foam, it leaves a sticky/tacky residue...

CowboyTruckn
04-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Cleaning or dressing? Dressing any aerosol protectant would be good. Cleaning I use an apc and a brush. Does well enough for me.

MPBGT
04-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I've been using DP aerosol trim coating, stoner trim aerosol or Sonus trim and motor kote. The aerosols have been growing on me for the lower moulding on my 05 a Passat TDI. The front fascia has lots of slats that are hard to dress otherwise.

VP Mark
04-08-2014, 07:11 PM
I use meguiar's plastic & vinyl coating on my honeycomb grilles. Works really good. I have seen it at pep boys if you have one near you that you can check out.
Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating, exterior trim coating, trim dressing, vinyl protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-plastic-vinyl-coating.html)

Meguiar's ultimate black may be another option for over the counter.

Here is your answer. I use this product on hard to dress grills/trim all the time and it is amazing.

Coopers ST
04-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Here is your answer. I use this product on hard to dress grills/trim all the time and it is amazing.

Does the surface need to be clean to use it though? My issue is getting it clean.

The Guz
04-08-2014, 08:10 PM
I clean any trim area's I use it on with some APC and then spray it on. I will let it sit for a few min and come back and lightly buff the area to remove any excess product.

Matt-erhorn
04-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Does the surface need to be clean to use it though? My issue is getting it clean.

If it's cleaning then what I'd recommend is spraying some APC onto it. Then use something like a boars hair detail/lug nut brush and work your way across it. That's how I do it and it always comes out nice and clean. Then leaf blower so there is no water spots in the small crevices.

PA DETAILER
04-09-2014, 11:31 AM
I did my xterra grille recently. Just hit it with a good APC. Let in dry. And hit it with one of the above mentioned products. (All good). I used stoners trim shine.