PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Pads Vs. Foam Pads

DetailDevil
04-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Every since I started detailing I have been using the Meguiars DAMF system. I realize that is fairly new so I've been wondering, and I guess this mostly goes out to the older guys. Is this system a replacement to foam pads or can it be used in conjunction with the microfiber pads. Any and all input is appreciated.

BobbyG
04-08-2014, 04:34 PM
I believe Meguiar's developed the microfiber process you mention along with the compound and polish designed for use with the microfiber pads. I don't think there's any set rule to use one or the other however I have both.

Meguiar's Microfiber System (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-microfiber-system.html) seems to work faster and is a more efficient that it's foam pad counterpart. I've used the cut disk with Meguiar's compound then switch to a finishing pad to finish up...:props:

This system is great for high production shop and small shop alike...

inDetail
04-08-2014, 06:53 PM
I have never used Meg's MF pads. I have always heard the have a premature lifespan. I use Car-Pro MF pads. The MF soft and the foam back is nice and thick. I have MF pads as old as my foam pads and they are still going strong. You just need to properly take care of them.
They cut much faster then foam don't heat up too bad on a DA. They just don't finish down as good as foam.

BTLew81
04-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Depends on paint hardness. MF finishes really nice on my HARD VW paint. I really like the Meg's MF pads. Treat them right and they are very durable. I have two pads that have been used a good amount over two years and they are holding up just fine. They are the early versions.