PDA

View Full Version : CQUK on flat vinyl?

Just02896
04-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Have a correction and CQuartz UK coating scheduled for this coming weekend on a 2012 Challanger with flat vinyl RT graphics. I was wondering if anyone else has coated flat vinyl with any success and without adding any gloss to the graphics. Any input would be much appreciated! :-)

theblob640
04-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Yup, I have decals on my Bee and I Opti-Coated them. They add no gloss and look as if nothing is on them. Only time you will notice something is there is when water gets on the decals and the water beads.

Just02896
04-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Yup, I have decals on my Bee and I Opti-Coated them. They add no gloss and look as if nothing is on them. Only time you will notice something is there is when water gets on the decals and the water beads.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you!
On a side note, the vinyl graphic down the drivers side has little round spots on them and I can't seem to determine whether they are water spots or something else. Have you experienced anything like this with your vinyl?

theblob640
04-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you!
On a side note, the vinyl graphic down the drivers side has little round spots on them and I can't seem to determine whether they are water spots or something else. Have you experienced anything like this with your vinyl?

I also do have a water spot near the base of my spoiler and have yet to address it. Most likely those dots are water spots, maybe pics will help because I noticed they do tend to spot easily when they are untreated.

Just02896
04-07-2014, 06:01 PM
I also do have a water spot near the base of my spoiler and have yet to address it. Most likely those dots are water spots, maybe pics will help because I noticed they do tend to spot easily when they are untreated.

What would be your plan of attack for removing waterspots from flat vinyl?

Radarryan
04-07-2014, 07:55 PM
I would use CarPro Spotless. I think it may be the best new waterspot remover on any surface and it's made for removing water spots from coatings.

As for applying the coating: while I've never done it, I have seen many threads where many have great results. Good luck, happy detailing, and I can't wait to see pictures! :dblthumb2:

theblob640
04-07-2014, 10:27 PM
What would be your plan of attack for removing waterspots from flat vinyl?

Honestly, I haven't thought about a plan of attack to remove it. But as the above mentioned, I might give the CarPro product a try or maybe a very light polish, such as SF4000 or M205, to try to just get that out. I wouldn't rub too hard on the vinyl as it may damage it or make it shiny. Kind of like cleaning the interior headliner, be very gentle with it.