PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Restoration Questions

RyanReasons
04-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Hello everyone, I just have some quick questions on the process of headlight restoration. I have everything down pact except pretty much the last step. When it comes to the sealing in the lasting clearness. I have seen products such as Opti Len I believe it is labeled. But For the price of 59 dollars for I believe 20 cc's how many cars will that do? I hear it is an awesome product. Is there a product out there for the use of someone who will be doing multiply headlight restorations, maybe a sealer that last a long time and is guaranteed for a long time AND comes in bulk maybe, or perhaps any suggestions?

Thank you everyone for the help, in advanced! Have a blessed day!

RyanReasons
04-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Alright guys, for anyone that is interested in the product themselves, the product Opti-Lens does anywhere from 4-10 headlight sets, which is perfect for what I was wanting. Just letting anyone know in case they were looking for the same answer.

Setec Astronomy
04-07-2014, 07:08 PM
I believe if you are a pro detailer and meet the requirements you can buy Opti-Lens in a larger size.

HD.Detailing
04-07-2014, 07:09 PM
thanks for the Info.. is it more cost effective to use any coating?

wdmaccord
04-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I've used BFWD and BFCS on my 2003 when I did them last summer. Did the whole wet sand and polish process. Lenses still show no sign of yellowing after about 8 months. And it's not properly cared for either (my daughter has it now...I gave up!) I bought a bottle of the WG headlight sealant too, but I haven't tried it out yet.

RyanReasons
04-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Thankyou for that information Setec, I am going to order this 10cc bottle and try it on a vehicle I have oming up to see how it works out such as applying and the works, to make sure I like it and wdmacacord, I am for sure going to look into those products you mentioned and google them to see if I can find what you are talking about and read reviews and such.

jsorrel0
04-07-2014, 07:56 PM
I am a weekend warrior and have used the Wolfgang sealant on my Acura MDX. It has only been a month or two but it's holding well. It's a 8oz bottle and would probably do a fair amount if cars. 26487264882648926490

Saturnhusker
04-13-2014, 09:54 PM
The best UV protection iirc is 303 Aerospace protectant has spf of 40. I have been using this. How much do you charge for headlight restoration.