PDA

View Full Version : Detailers in Little Rock, AR?

nissenc1337
04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
I live in the LR area and detail as a hobby but I'm not to the point where I can correct paint or pull serious stains (you know, the things that require $400-$1000 worth of equipment). I'll get there eventually but when people ask be if I can do either of those things, I tell them no and don't know of anyone to point them to. LR has a pretty small market in general and the car culture is almost nill. People want shiny cars, not necessarily corrected cars.

So, if there's someone reputable let me know.

Apologies if this isn't the correct section.

woopigsooie
04-07-2014, 10:36 AM
I am located in Conway and am in a similar situation. I am beginning to accumulate some helpful equipment but am still lacking some of the major pieces of equipment (hot water carpet extractor) to do a really good job. For the most part, however, I can sell people on a minor paint correction just getting rid of the swirls. Most of the cars I work on are daily drivers so people don't want to spend a fortune on them but they appreciate the swirl removal and good protection on them. I suggest investing in a cheap DA and you can do minor correction. As for extractors, those can be pretty expensive, I just scrub by hand and vacuum and its usually good enough to remove 70% of any heavily soiled areas. Until you get nasty cars like this...