PDA

View Full Version : Any Pro-Wrestling fans here?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GenesisCoupe
04-07-2014, 08:16 AM
I know it is a super long shot on this forum, but anyone a current fan or a fan of the past? I'm sure a lot of you watched it "back in the day".

For those that do know a thing or two about professional wrestling (WWE), last night was Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans.

One wrestler in particular; The Undertaker has an undefeated streak (21-0) only at Wrestlemania. Last night he sadly lost the match to former UFC champion Brock Lesnar in an awkward, and shocking match (21-1). No one saw the loss coming as it was shortly ended.

Rumour is that the Undertaker suffered a concussion while taking a german suplex from Lesnar and wasn't able to continue further with the match. He reportedly was taken to the local hospital immediately after the match.

Setec Astronomy
04-07-2014, 08:29 AM
I didn't see it, I was watching the roller derby.

Dogfather
04-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Not lately. I do work with a guy who looks exactly like Paul Bearer though.

FUNX650
04-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Magnificent Maurice, Handsome Johnny Barron, Chief Don Eagle, Haystack Calhoun, Bo Bo Brazil, The Sheik, Andre the Giant, and many more of their contemporaries...all being encouraged around the ringside by Bouncing Beulah with Ringside announcer Omar Williams doing the blow-by-blow...
Not exactly WWE, but Studio Wrestling at its "best"...LOL.

Later:
The Magnificent Warrior and Mr. Perfect were the favorites of my youngest daughter. I did not discourage her from being in their corner.

Haven't followed any of this sport's shenanigans
since ~1987.
Thanks for the jog through the memories!

Bob

GenesisCoupe
04-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Not lately. I do work with a guy who looks exactly like Paul Bearer though.

What's funny is that Paul Bearer's younger son looks a LOT like him. Big boy too.
I'm sure you heard that Paul Bearer passed away in 2013..

Magnificent Maurice, Handsome Johnny Barron, Chief Don Eagle, Haystack Calhoun, Bo Bo Brazil, The Sheik, Andre the Giant, and many more of their contemporaries...all being encouraged around the ringside by Bouncing Beulah with Ringside announcer Omar Williams doing the blow-by-blow...
Not exactly WWE, but Studio Wrestling at its "best"...LOL.

Later:
The Magnificent Warrior and Mr. Perfect were the favorites of my youngest daughter. I did not discourage her from being in their corner.

Haven't followed any of this sport's shenanigans
since ~1987.
Thanks for the jog through the memories!

Bob

Good memories! I do recall some of those individuals, but some more than others. The Iron Shiek has an unsual way of wording his sentences nowadays.

Speaking of Mr. Perfect; his son (goes by Curtis Axel) is now a WWE wrestler.

Was the Magnificent Warrior later known as the Ultimate Warrior? Or two different people?

Dogfather
04-07-2014, 09:05 AM
I remember after seeing Gorilla Monsoon, Chief Jay Strongbow, Haystacks Calhoun et al perform at Nassau Coliseum many years ago, my friend and I were waiting outside for our ride when Bugsy McGraw walked by all pimped out with long white fur coat and a couple of young ladies. They got into his big white Caddy and drove off.
Crazy like a fox.

FUNX650
04-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Good memories! I do recall some of those individuals, but some more than others. The Iron Shiek has an unsual way of wording his sentences nowadays.

Speaking of Mr. Perfect; his son (goes by Curtis Axel) is now a WWE wrestler.

Was the Magnificent Warrior later known as the Ultimate Warrior? Or two different people?
The Sheik of the 1950's has been dead for quite a while now.

And Thanks...
Yes I was mistaken...(There was only one Mr. Perfect. LOL)
It was the Ultimate Warrior that my daughter thought
was simply Magnificent.

Bob

GenesisCoupe
04-07-2014, 09:34 AM
^^ Ah, i see!!

The Ultimate Warrior was just inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame two nights ago. Appeared to be in great shape!

Bill1234
04-07-2014, 09:43 AM
a person in my family is dating Curt Hawkins so I am getting up to speed a bit more

GenesisCoupe
04-07-2014, 10:04 AM
a person in my family is dating Curt Hawkins so I am getting up to speed a bit more

NO WAY!!!! That is awesome. Curt Hawkins isn't featured on TV many times (Raw, Smackdown) but has been in the company for a while. At times, a new gimmick is needed to get that extra push.

craigfilly
04-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I know it is a super long shot on this forum, but anyone a current fan or a fan of the past? I'm sure a lot of you watched it "back in the day".

For those that do know a thing or two about professional wrestling (WWE), last night was Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans.

One wrestler in particular; The Undertaker has an undefeated streak (21-0) only at Wrestlemania. Last night he sadly lost the match to former UFC champion Brock Lesnar in an awkward, and shocking match (21-1). No one saw the loss coming as it was shortly ended.

Rumour is that the Undertaker suffered a concussion while taking a german suplex from Lesnar and wasn't able to continue further with the match. He reportedly was taken to the local hospital immediately after the match.

I was there last night, and it looked like something happened to him but I'm not sure. It kinda sucks IMO that they let Lesnar, who is a part time wrestler, end his streak. After the pin, you could have heard a pin drop in there. Everyone in there was shocked. There was some good matches, but everyone knew that if Daniel Bryan beat HHH, that he was gonna win the title. Overall, it was a good show. Ran into a few wrestlers in the quarter Saturday night, including CM Punk, who is supposedly on "sabbatical" right now lol.

PA DETAILER
04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Was a big fan for years. I would watch hours and hours of VHS/DVDS. I loved ECW. Then they went under.

GenesisCoupe
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
I was there last night, and it looked like something happened to him but I'm not sure. It kinda sucks IMO that they let Lesnar, who is a part time wrestler, end his streak. After the pin, you could have heard a pin drop in there. Everyone in there was shocked. There was some good matches, but everyone knew that if Daniel Bryan beat HHH, that he was gonna win the title. Overall, it was a good show. Ran into a few wrestlers in the quarter Saturday night, including CM Punk, who is supposedly on "sabbatical" right now lol.

That is awesome, i always wanted to go to WM and one day i will. I attend most of the Chicago shows.

My jaw dropped when that pin happened, my friends and I were in disbelief. Came out of nowhere!

As far as Daniel Bryan, he really showed his athleticism last night, and the moves he pulled on HHH early on were incredible. How that guy didn't get injured is incredible.
Happy that WWE is FINALLY behind Bryan.

smuglysman
04-07-2014, 10:33 AM
I got the network, watch nothing but "old school" action.

Undertaker losing to Lesnar was a big shock for everyone.

While it seems obvious that Bryan winning the belt was inevitable, I kinda expected them to drag it on longer possibly to WM 31.

Punk is done and highly doubtful you will see him in the ring again, but he is rumored to be engaged to AJ Lee now so he may be in the area of some of the big shows to show support.

Ironically was watching WM 30 on the network while "detailing" an ambulance at work.

GenesisCoupe
04-07-2014, 10:38 AM
^^ I have the network as well and WWE pulled it off amazingly. Last year i paid the $$ for the PPV and the entire server crashed so i had to find a stream. I did get my money back though so that's good.

Yes, i do not believe that CM Punk will be coming back anytime soon.