PDA

View Full Version : Optimum MF Pads Question

nubaseal
04-07-2014, 01:16 AM
I love the Optimum MF Compounding pad with their Hyper Compound. I also love their Polish II that I am currently using on a LCHT polishing pad but I can use more cut. I am thinking of trying it with their MF polishing pad.

How different would the Optimum MF Compounding & Polishing pads be in terms of cut? Is it safe to assume as different as any foam compounding & foam polishing pad?

nubaseal
04-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Bump!

Setec Astronomy
04-09-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm trying to remember but it seems to me on the Optimum pads the MF is the same on both, only the foam is different. I know that Meguiar's has said that the MF is a different density between the cut and polish pads.

nubaseal
04-12-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm trying to remember but it seems to me on the Optimum pads the MF is the same on both, only the foam is different. I know that Meguiar's has said that the MF is a different density between the cut and polish pads.

Thanks Setec.

Setec Astronomy
04-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks Setec.

You know now that I am thinking about this--if I am remembering Optimum did change their pads somewhere along the line, and they may have made some changes to the MF part. As of Nov. 2011 the MF was the same on both pads.