PDA

View Full Version : How to make white paint "Pop" ?

lineman
04-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Several years ago I had a white ford truck. I used various products, all carnauba ( I can't spell ) based. I never achieved to look I wanted. One time I used an acrylic polish and detail spray that gave me the look or "Pop" on the white I was after. Almost a porcelain white look.The problem is that I can't remember what I used :( What polishes and waxs are acrylic based so I can go back to that on a different vehicle that is a very light color ?

brondondolon
04-06-2014, 10:25 PM
You could apply a paint coating which will make the paint pop

conquistador
04-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Your probably referring to Klasse high gloss sealant glaze. It is acrylic based. I have a large bottle and use it on my Super white Tacoma. It gives it a wet candy coated/ porcelain look.

hernandez.art13
04-06-2014, 10:43 PM
+1 on the coating part, in my eyes I do see a difference. It might me slight or unnoticeable to others, but once I know it's on I know what I see. (I was told it might be the placebo effect :laughing: )

I believe if you correct the paint (polish) then coat it, then apply a safe wax to the coating. you get a really great look. I've noticed on some cars it does leave a porcelain look.