PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Detail Meetup 2 VIDEO!!!

Pages : [1] 2

hernandez.art13
04-06-2014, 12:44 PM
TURN ON YOUR CLOSED CAPTIONS FOR EXTRA INFORMATION

Here is the video everyone, 6,000+ pictures captured in time for your lunch

Thank You for watching everyone!!! Time to get some rest. :buffing:

Feedback, Comments and Suggestions are always Welcomed....

Thank You,

Art

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2zqEVn9U9E]Socal Detail Meetup 2 - YouTube[/video]

Wheelzntoys
04-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Looks like it was lots of fun!

What compound and polish used? Went by pretty quick

allenk4
04-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Great Meet-up

Thanks Art for setting everything up and being such a good host.

Kyle

EvolutionDetail
04-06-2014, 02:38 PM
I wish i was in cali to join you guys.
How come houston never have such events?!??!

FUNX650
04-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi Art...

Thanks for putting together this detail-meet...
It looks to have been: Quite the fête!!

Can't leave out that I enjoyed the Vids:
Par excellence...as usual!!

Bob

Kamakaz1961
04-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Seemed like a fun time. Sorry I could not attend (I live in Tustin) as I own a business and had to work. You guys were not too far away from me. Again, way cool and take care!!

Pureshine
04-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Looks great ART nice job! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

04-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Very cool video Art! Looks like you and the guys knocked it out tha park!

umana2482
04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Great video art.

I had a blast working with you and the guys. Btw, the front right tire was glossy after applying the dressing. Lol, (inside joke)

Hope you don't mind me posting some pics on the goodies I got from Mothers and Autogeek.

Thank you Autogeek.
Thank you Mothers.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Paul Mitchell
04-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Great job guys! Another super video from Art.

Tato
04-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Awesome!

I was waiting anxiously to watch and enjoyed every shot! What a great meeting!

I've worked on some cruze before (both hatch and sedan), and I like the way this car looks properly detailed.

You've done awesome work, hope one day I can participate on similar meeting, thank you everyone for working and sharing this with us.

Art, you are pure ART!, I appreciate your detailing that much!

Kind Regards.

hernandez.art13
04-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Great video art.

I had a blast working with you and the guys. Btw, the front right tire was glossy after applying the dressing. Lol, (inside joke)

Hope you don't mind me posting some pics on the goodies I got from Mothers and Autogeek.

Thank you Autogeek.
Thank you Mothers.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Nope I don't mind at all, hopefully the other members that attended will post up what they won too. Yeah the tire dressing part was funny. I included it in the video too lol it starts at 7:20. It did smell funny for a Tire Dressing, that's what made me look at the label. I wonder what Mothers back to black is then? (the spray one in the video where I am laughing)

For anyone wants to know what happened, I was applying Mothers Back to Black Spray as a tire dressing like normal, but what made me inspect the label (after applying to the first tire) was the smell. It had "soapy" smell to it and was foaming up too. :laughing:

maybe Jim can chime in and tell us what the intended purpose is for Mother Back to Black Tire Renew.

hernandez.art13
04-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks Everyone! My intentions were to meet, greet and learn while detailing and also to document everything for my next video. Well it happened and it all went great..., everyone that came put in 100%+ effort.

I wish I would have documented allenk4's (Kyle) detail work. I look and he brought his steamer and started doing the interior (out of the blue) :D, I got some of it but not all the work he ended up doing. It came out great! If I would have known I would have documented it.

hernandez.art13
04-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Awesome!

I was waiting anxiously to watch and enjoyed every shot! What a great meeting!

I've worked on some cruze before (both hatch and sedan), and I like the way this car looks properly detailed.

You've done awesome work, hope one day I can participate on similar meeting, thank you everyone for working and sharing this with us.

Art, you are pure ART!, I appreciate your detailing that much!

Kind Regards.

I don't know how accurate this is, but when I polish paint (I first find the least aggressive method)

I then imagine that I am drawing and shading, since I like to draw as well...

this is what I imagine

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2314/shading1.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/74355)

(let me try and explain via the world wide web :D )

so step 1 would be the boldest area and final polish would be the lightest area.

Step 1) find the least aggressive method
Step 2) polish the paint with the least aggressive method
Step 3) get finer and finer on the cut/polishing/final polish, until you get to like the picture above ^

and

Thank You Very Much Tato! Actually my old forum name on MOL was Pure Art, I changed it because I was having trouble logging in Im the MAN:dblthumb2:

forrest@mothers
04-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Mothers Back-to-Black Tire Renew (part #09324) is a tire cleaner. The front label says "No-rinse tire & rubber cleaner. Just spray on & wipe off".

Back-to-Black Tire Shine (part #06924) is a tire shine.