PDA

View Full Version : Color Lock over Power Lock

mcate
04-06-2014, 07:31 AM
I just tried Menzerna Power Lock on my black Shelby GT500. I'm really happy with the finish, but I'm always looking to add a little more pop. Has anyone layered Color Lock over Power Lock?

Pureshine
04-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Yes you can use color lock over power lock no problem.

Tato
04-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Greetings,

I took a brief look at Color Lock product page, and was searching for this info, and it was there:

'Menzerna Color Lock Carnauba Wax is non-abrasive.'
Menzerna Color Lock Carnauba Wax, menzerna car wax, carnauba car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-color-lock-carnauba-wax.html)

This is a great sign that you'll achieve great success on what you're willing to do.

Although it does not states having any cleaners, I believe it'll not harm your sealant.

Just yesterday I've done something pretty similar,

I've done AIO on a car last week using Menzerna Power Protect Ultra, a polishing / sealant from Menzerna.

Let's say, this was my 'Powerlock' layer, and just like you, I was happy (very!) with results. Then I decided to add Pinnacle Souveran on top of it... Stunning results!

So, I'm pretty sure you'll achieve same stunning results because you're using only top quality products.

Please, do it!

Good luck, and let us know.

Kind Regards.

FUNX650
04-06-2014, 05:48 PM
'Menzerna Color Lock Carnauba Wax
is non-abrasive.'
Menzerna Color Lock Carnauba Wax, menzerna car wax, carnauba car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-color-lock-carnauba-wax.html)

Although it does not states having any cleaners I believe it'll not harm your sealant.

From AGO's "Menzerna Chart":

* Since Menzerna does not make a non-cleaning sealant, we recommend Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

How much PowerLock will be "cleaned" by
an application of ColorLock?

Bob

mcate
04-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanx, everyone. I guess my question was more one of "would it improve the look" if I layered? I'm a longtime Poorboy's user, & I've always layered Natty's Red or Blue over my EX or EX-P sealant. I do it to add a little more pop to the finish. I'll also throw a coat of Natty's on every few weeks during the summer as a refresher before car shows. A buddy gave me a sample of Power Lock, & I really like the way it turned out. VERY slick feeling! So I was wondering if anyone had tried Color Lock, & especially if anyone had layered it over Power Lock?
Of course, I could also layer some Natty's Red or Blue over it!

Tato
04-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks for info Bob.

I was aware of cleaners like I've said above, but I can't say exactly if a well cured sealant will be 'striped' by wax non abrasive cleaners (also dependable on application method).

I would apply it anyway!,

Please, let us know the results.

Kind Regards.