PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole in the process?

Jason2215
04-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Hey all. I'm at the tail end of a deployment and have had the last who knows how long :work: to get my "to do" lists finalized for my return home. One of them happens to be taking care of our vehicles...my wife's idea of washing the car is...well she's not a member of the forum or anything.

Regardless, had a question regarding introducing PB Black Hole in my process for our '12 VW CC. Sorry no pics, but let's just assume (and pray) it still has the usual wash induced swirls as when I left. Paint is in good shape otherwise.

Here's what I was thinking: (Griots DA)

BF SRC Finishing Polish (White LC Pad?)
PB Black Hole Glaze (Black LC Pad)
BF All Finish PP Sealant (Black LC Pad)
BFMS

Question is, is applying the PB's an unnecessary step in your opinions? Any other thoughts welcome too!

808_detail_nut
04-06-2014, 05:47 AM
Should be OK in that order, I use black hole and love it. If I can hit it with that before I seal it up I usually do so. That's my 2 cents.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

808_detail_nut
04-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Maybe after the sealant would be ok, then wax it. I'm still learning like you but I really like PB Black hole.

Jason2215
04-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Maybe after the sealant would be ok, then wax it. I'm still learning like you but I really like PB Black hole.

Thanks for the reply! I would think you'd want to apply Black Hole first in order for the glaze to "fill in" whatever was missed during correction, and then seal it.

Actually now that I think about it, I've used BF Gloss Enhancing Polish (glaze) under the same sealant. Well shoot I helped answer my own damn question.

BillyJack
04-06-2014, 07:34 AM
BH works either way, before or after the LSP. For durability, use it before your LSP, but it's also used as a "night before the show" prep as a final step. Like other glazes, it usually only lasts till the first washing in that role, however.

Bill

Jason2215
04-06-2014, 10:06 AM
BH works either way, before or after the LSP. For durability, use it before your LSP, but it's also used as a "night before the show" prep as a final step. Like other glazes, it usually only lasts till the first washing in that role, however.

Bill

Totally makes sense. For my purposes I'd be putting it on before. I've got it, might as well use it!