PDA

View Full Version : Overhaulin

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
06-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Any one catch the new painter on FOSSE'S OVERHAULIN SHOW......???

BOYD CODDINGTONS painter....that's the 2nd guy that jumped ship from boyd to fosse.......

it could be the unbelievable dead lines boyd makes ......

SnipeJDM
06-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Both Boyd's painters went to Foose. Charlie Hutton was the first then the kid they call Beatle Bailey went over there.

Last time I watched Boyd's show, I think half of his crew has quit and it's all the good people. I can't believe Boyd has survive this many years running the kind of business he does.

He sold the wheel shop and rights to American Racing so I wonder if money is tight?

BILL
06-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Both Boyd's painters went to Foose. Charlie Hutton was the first then the kid they call Beatle Bailey went over there.

Last time I watched Boyd's show, I think half of his crew has quit and it's all the good people. I can't believe Boyd has survive this many years running the kind of business he does.

He sold the wheel shop and rights to American Racing so I wonder if money is tight?

Yeah......Charlie Hutton, i was trying to think of his name, was beatle baily BEAR??

I think that foreman on Boyd's show will jump ship sooner or later also...

I can't keep track of Boyd's show........he' comes on at different times, and i like the relaxed professional relationship FOSSE has with his crew.....

wytstang
06-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah Foose and his team are never streassed out like Boyd's team is (at least on film). My only gripp with over haulin is the way they use Fooses name constantly though out the show. "If any one can do it Chip Foose can", "Foose will Foose it up the only way he knows how" I kinda get tired of hearing how great he is every other sentence.

Surfer
06-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I was actually interested in a custom Camaro (think it was a 67' can't remember) that Foose and some Muscle Car company came together to make. Think they have a model for classic Stangs and model for classic Camaro's. Saw it in a DuPont Car mag ad. Called up and geez, didn't think it was gonna cost what it did $$$, knew it would be high but not that high.

As for the shows, personally I like Chip's style and designs better regardless of what's seen on the shows. Boyd's don't really do anything for me.

BILL
06-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah Foose and his team are never streassed out like Boyd's team is (at least on film). My only gripp with over haulin is the way they use Fooses name constantly though out the show. "If any one can do it Chip Foose can", "Foose will Foose it up the only way he knows how" I kinda get tired of hearing how great he is every other sentence.

Yeah i know.......but bottom line is i'd rather have him doing my car than UNIQUE WHIPS or PIMPED/PIMP MY CAR :D

BILL
06-09-2006, 11:37 AM
I was actually interested in a custom Camaro (think it was a 67' can't remember) that Foose and some Muscle Car company came together to make. Think they have a model for classic Stangs and model for classic Camaro's. Saw it in a DuPont Car mag ad. Called up and geez, didn't think it was gonna cost what it did $$$, knew it would be high but not that high.

As for the shows, personally I like Chip's style and designs better regardless of what's seen on the shows. Boyd's don't really do anything for me.

I AGREE:)

wytstang
06-09-2006, 11:42 AM
LOL I agree he could do my car if he wanted. Have you wathced "Wreched to Riches" by Berry Speed shop?? They take old junk cars and turn them into super muscle cars and sell them at auctions, they sell them for what they put in them ($40,000+) and if they don't aleast break even they take the cars back home. Pretty cool show..

joe.p
06-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Beattle,Charlie, and Mike who runs the machine shop have all gone to work for Chip Foose. with Boyd's insane deadlines i wouldn't be surprised if their
weren't anyone left of his original crew . I did see the episode when they cleaned out the warehouse and said goodby, if i am correct the lady in the office is Boyds Exwife . He didn't seem too upset when she said goodby :p ,Boyd was more brokenup over mike who he took into his home as a kid.

BILL
06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Beattle,Charlie, and Mike who runs the machine shop have all gone to work for Chip Foose. with Boyd's insane deadlines i wouldn't be surprised if their
weren't anyone left of his original crew . I did see the episode when they cleaned out the warehouse and said goodby, if i am correct the lady in the office is Boyds Exwife . He didn't seem too upset when she said goodby :p ,Boyd was more brokenup over mike who he took into his home as a kid.

RIGHT!!! I SAW MIKE........he was doing the wheels on overhaulin....

His e wife is gone also??? WOW!! But his new wife that he has now is a knockout......:applause:

BILL
06-09-2006, 12:12 PM
LOL I agree he could do my car if he wanted. Have you wathced "Wreched to Riches" by Berry Speed shop?? They take old junk cars and turn them into super muscle cars and sell them at auctions, they sell them for what they put in them ($40,000+) and if they don't aleast break even they take the cars back home. Pretty cool show..

The show they had on last night was that 66 chev ?? can't think of the model, but they called it GREEN something, any way they didn't do good at the auction ..they only were bidded 40k for that car, and Berry pulled out and said NO-WAY for 40 K I'LL KEEP IT MYSELF...THAT WAS PRETTY COOL .......:applause: .

SnipeJDM
06-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah when Boyd's ex left he told her "have a nice life". That's an exact quote. He's like I got a trophy wife now so I'm kickin you to the curb forever.

And no blue bear isn't the same as beatle Bailey. Bear was an idiot, I would have fired him too. I think three others have quit that show since the Mike, Charlie and Beatle left.

Foose does do awesome work, but they do tend to over-hype him on the show. Still a great show though.

wytstang
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
The show they had on last night was that 66 chev ?? can't think of the model, but they called it GREEN something, any way they didn't do good at the auction ..they only were bidded 40k for that car, and Berry pulled out and said NO-WAY for 40 K I'LL KEEP IT MYSELF...THAT WAS PRETTY COOL .......:applause: .
It was a Nova II awesome car I was able to see that episode last night as well. Looked real good at the track as well minus the tire spin. I'm really liking how they do all cars Ford Chevy and Mopar. They did a purple Mopar (road runner??) and shoe horned a Hemi in it was was soooo sweet.

BILL
06-09-2006, 12:46 PM
It was a Nova II awesome car I was able to see that episode last night as well. Looked real good at the track as well minus the tire spin. I'm really liking how they do all cars Ford Chevy and Mopar. They did a purple Mopar (road runner??) and shoe horned a Hemi in it was was soooo sweet.

What really impresses me is the detail work they do......not so much FLUFF but plenty MUSCLE.SUSPENSION ETC.........:)

BlackCoupe
06-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Boyd--I thought being a jerk was part of his act, like Paul Sr. on Orange County Choppers. Apparently, its who he is.