PDA

View Full Version : Local "Detailer's" Craigslist Ad = Scary!

Pages : [1] 2

Coach Steve
04-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Not sure where else to post this. Mods, feel free to move it as you deem appropriate.

This is the Craigslist ad of a local hack:
FULL AUTO DETAIL INSIDE AND OUT $39.00 call or text 602 366 5110 (http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/aos/4409169909.html)

All that for $39.00! Unfortunately, the amount you'd have to pay to undo his "work" would cost triple that! :laughing:
How many things did you find wrong/questionable in the ad?

SYMAWD
04-05-2014, 09:52 PM
If he'd extract an interior as pictured, I'd tell him to skip everything else and still pay $39.

Flash Gordon
04-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Really embarrassing knowing the general public thinks this is what I compete with

One thing I will say for dude is congrats on being able to keep that bonnett on the polisher he is using. That was one thing I was never able to master

brondondolon
04-05-2014, 10:33 PM
If you think thats bad check out los angles craiglist. I recently moved from there to northern nevada and it never even crossed my mind to get into the auto detailing business while living there. Reason being is the industry is so diluted with all walks of life giving the armor all special for $10. You just cant compete with them. I mean when every one is offering a full detail for $20 and you come in saying a full detail is going to be over $100 i imagine you would get a lot of laughs. Where im living now is a big city (Reno) and there are only 2 credible detailers out here. So you will be lucky to see any one advertising on craiglist. But yeah $39 wouldnt be enough to start my truck...

Shane731
04-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Somebody on Facebook posted this the other day:

Detailers are like tattoos. Good ones ain't cheap, and cheap ones ain't good.

EVOlved
04-05-2014, 11:06 PM
I love his wash sponge and spelling of armor-all. Says a lot.

goldendodo19
04-05-2014, 11:07 PM
How the hell do you make money charging 39 bucks for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolop6
04-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Why does it seem like none of the pictures are his. I don't know abou you guys buy I never wear a button up shirt to shampoo an interior and very rarely do other people take pictures of me and a sponge or applying dressing to a tire.

thebamboo23
04-05-2014, 11:54 PM
lmao.. thats entertaining

AutoImage
04-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Somebody on Facebook posted this the other day:

Detailers are like tattoos. Good ones ain't cheap, and cheap ones ain't good.

Truer words if ever I've heard em

Sent from my HTC One XL using AG Online

Helltopay
04-06-2014, 03:10 AM
Why does it seem like none of the pictures are his. I don't know abou you guys buy I never wear a button up shirt to shampoo an interior and very rarely do other people take pictures of me and a sponge or applying dressing to a tire.

You are correct. Most of the images are stock images. One came from autotopia.

Coach Steve
04-06-2014, 03:36 AM
From the ad...

A Full Detail Includes:
*Hand Soap - Hand Soap?? Like LAVA or SoftSoap?? :eek:
*Pressure Washed - The entire car? EVERY car??
*Full Interior Washed - That's a relief... I hate those outfits that only "wash" part of it!
*Engine Cleaned - Not the bay, just the engine. He must go through A LOT of tape!
*Carpet Cleaned - How? With what?
*Amour All - That one's too easy.
*Buff the Full Exterior of Car
*Wax
*Windows - What about 'em?
*Tires/Rims - See above
And Headlight Renewal - Renewal? Do they expire like the registration? Maybe he means corrected. If so, how? With what?

Now, with all that aside, and in all seriousness, what kind of products is he using and where is he getting them? He's obviously not using pro products which leads me to believe he's buying OTC consumer stuff that's nowhere as concentrated nor is it as strong as the stuff we use - and he's paying sales tax on everything so he's got a fair amount of the $39.00 spent in product.
He doesn't add a disclaimer about SUV's, vans, etc.
Let's say this guy is quick and is able to knock out 2 of these per day and he's got a full week lined up. 5 days @ $80 per day = $400.00 - less expenses. Man, talk about working way too hard for not very much money.
Everything about this guy and his ad is just sad - and I don't mean that in a derogatory or facetious way. He's probably barely getting by and this is the only way he knows how.

TopThatDetail
04-06-2014, 05:31 AM
Got to start somewhere Im the MAN

Bunky
04-06-2014, 05:34 AM
My guess is the coverage is similar to those drive through car washes that offer similar packages. Of course, cleaned may just mean a wipe down. Only a few cheapskates will complain they were not really cleaned for $39. I wonder if some of those pics are actually his. The SONUS one looks questionable.

Coach Steve
04-06-2014, 07:29 AM
My guess is the coverage is similar to those drive through car washes that offer similar packages. Of course, cleaned may just mean a wipe down. Only a few cheapskates will complain they were not really cleaned for $39. I wonder if some of those pics are actually his. The SONUS one looks questionable.
No, it was discussed earlier in the thread that the pics are all stock photos.
And while we're on the subject of pics, what's with the Sonus pic anyway? I mean who cleans the pass side from the driver's side? :laughing: