PDA

View Full Version : Great, Cheap carpet cleaner review!

brondondolon
04-05-2014, 09:25 PM
So like many of you starting out a mobile detailing business the thought of spending almost a grand on a carpet extractor is out of the question. For weeks i was looking for a cheaper alternative. Bissle LGM was one of them but i read a bunch of people were unsatisfied with the suction power. Then i researched steamers. Although effective it, to me, seemed like it would take for ever to do a whole interior with. So i did some more searching. I came across this other bissle that was similar to the LGM but had twice the suction power problem was it had no heat. So i went back and forth. LGM pro heat or this Bissle spot clean pro. I started reading quite a few reviews with the LGM and many of the reviews said "yeah it gets warm but thats about it". So i figured whats the benefit of having the heat if its not going to really do me much good. So i went ahead and got the Bissle spot clean pro. I bought it off of Kohls website ( Kohls the department store ). It was marked at $150 but after coupons i found on the internet i ended up paying $109 after tax and shipping. So here is my review

GOOD:

Out of the box it felt pretty solid. The tank that holds the clean water feels a little thin so we will see how it holds up. It comes with 2 attachments a 3" and a 6" as well as a bottle of bissles 2x concentrated carpet cleaner. I tested it out on a prime candidate, my parents ford excursion that never gets cleaned, and the result were nothing short of incredible for such a little machine. For the money i dont think i could have gotten a better machine.

BAD:

My only complaint is the hose. If it had a longer hose by at least a foot or 2 id have virtually no complaints. Id like to be able to set the machine on the ground while i use it on the interior but thats just my preference. Only other thing is it doesnt do to well at picking up embedded sand but i guess thats more of an issue with my shop vac.

PICTURES:

Here is a picture of the box

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/IMAG2066.jpg

The actual unit. The moisture in the tank is because i had just cleaned out the dirty water tank with hot water.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/IMAG2064.jpg

Here is what the carpet looked like before. The black is a result of spilled soda cigarette ashes and dirty work boots.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/b00762c5-4e29-4ec5-8d93-8e11e07c2069.jpg

Now here is my little test spot. I only did a test spot because I spent all day on my truck. My truck has black interior so although the water that came out was black the carpets didnt make a huge change. At least not to the naked eye. The carpet wasnt pre treated nor was it scrubbed or anything. This is all machine and a really not much effort either. Honestly i couldnt believe how little i had to work to get the spot that clean.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/2ada6882-256b-4a60-a977-8b44e0de2a20.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/IMAG2047.jpg

I will say this though. Do to the bulky handle it doesnt get deep into cracks like between the seats and center console It also has a hard time with the sides of carpets. That all could be changed with spraying and using a scrub brush but all in all i think its a great machine. It even cleaned embedded chocolate out of my fabric seats. The pictures of my truck will be in a show n shine later on this week. I still gotta do the exterior in which ill be doing a paint correction and coating as well as giving the wheels and wheel wells a deep cleaning and also cleaning the engine.

There you have it though. I think i made a great buy with this machine and any one interested in getting a cheap carpet cleaning i dont think you can go wrong with this unit. :xyxthumbs:

Colinpd137
04-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Yup that was my first "extractor" as well, still have it to. Great little machine!

brondondolon
04-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Btw lol my dad isnt to happy i just did one little spot on his truck that now sticks out like a sore thumb hahahahahhahaha im a terrible son lol.

brondondolon
04-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Yup that was my first "extractor" as well, still have it to. Great little machine!

Yeah i like it a lot! Im glad i got it. What do you use now?

EVOlved
04-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Spot on!! I have the non pro version and I was able to go from this:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/_ebaypics_2006/car%20stuff/c37000798f0dc49d3ef7c13fd47857cd.jpg

Then with just the spot clean and folex came out like this:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/_ebaypics_2006/car%20stuff/5ebad1ea3c5be9dff240e80087800392.jpg

jamesboyy
04-05-2014, 10:35 PM
That spot looks pretty clean to me though my only suggestion would be to surprise dad with a full interior clean up..keep up the great work

poweraid
04-05-2014, 11:20 PM
same one I've been using for 2 years now . it's just fine for the little I may use it . I do like it better than the lgm auto I had

Firehouse Mike
04-14-2014, 09:16 PM
I've had these for a couple of years. However, I've had two of them quit pumping. Costco was carrying them at the time so I just returned them. I have one now I'm being very careful with until I can get a Mytee 8070. But they are a great little starter and back up unit!

Calendyr
04-14-2014, 09:27 PM
I wasn't too happy with my LGM the first time I used it in a car, but afterward all the other cleaning jobs went really well. I don't know what the problem was the first time around but it never happened again.

So if I understand correctly, this version of the Bisell machine has twice the suction power?

I agree that the major issue with these machines is the length of the hose, it's way too short. I can make it work but it is a pain in the neck. If these had a replacable hose where you could get a longer hose it would be awesome. Of course the longer the hose, the weakest the suction... so my guess is that the suction power of the motor is what limits the hose lenght.

woopigsooie
04-14-2014, 09:44 PM
I am in the same situation as you, really need a hot water extractor but don't have the money. So my question for these types of machines is, what's the advantage of having this rather than just spraying with the cleaner, scrubbing, and vacuuming with a wet vac?

You have me intrigued with those pictures though! Amazon has them for $116 with free 2 day shipping!

brondondolon
04-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Yeah apparently it has twice the suction power over the LGM. I was a folex scrub and wet vac type of guy for a long time. This little machine makes a world of difference. The effort is minimal with one of these. Take a min to get used to but once u get it down you're golden. If you're thinking about getting one I highly recommend it. It took me months to pull the trigger and now my only regret is that I wish I had done it sooner. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online