PDA

View Full Version : Scenario: you just drove 80 miles and have bugs on car

jem7sk
04-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Scenario: you just drove 80 miles and have bugs and grime on the front of your car. Your car was perfectly clean and well maintained when you left. Your now at your destination (let's say a hotel). What do you do?

Dogfather
04-05-2014, 10:05 AM
You take the bottle of UWW+ from your trunk, spray the front of your car, mirrors, etc., let it dwell for a moment, and wipe clean with a MF. It's the first thing I do when I arrive at my upstate vacation house.

cleanmycorolla
04-05-2014, 10:07 AM
You take the bottle of UWW+ from your trunk, spray the front of your car, mirrors, etc., let it dwell for a moment, and wipe clean with a MF. It's the first thing I do when I arrive at my upstate vacation house.

this!:iagree:

Dogfather
04-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Keep in mind, you shouldn't need anything stronger than a good WW if you get them while they're fresh.

jem7sk
04-05-2014, 10:18 AM

This is good to know because this is what I am doing only I'm using my Pinnacle WW. I drive between houses once a week and just wanted to verify I am doing this correctly.

this!:iagree:

Me too

Keep in mind, you shouldn't need anything stronger than a good WW if you get them while they're fresh.

What if you arrive late and can't hit it till the morning while the dew is still on the car? Same thing?

dcjredline
04-05-2014, 10:21 AM
If its too late to take care of the car then you dont care enough. lol
Just kidding with you.

Dogfather
04-05-2014, 10:25 AM
What if you arrive late and can't hit it till the morning while the dew is still on the car? Same thing?

It's the first thing I do no matter what time it is.
Even if I'm doing it by the light of the moon.

HD.Detailing
04-05-2014, 10:27 AM
or PriorProperPlanning... as in tape before you leave. haha

AeroCleanse
04-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Scenario: you just drove 80 miles and have bugs and grime on the front of your car. Your car was perfectly clean and well maintained when you left. Your now at your destination (let's say a hotel). What do you do?

Depends on what I am there for, if it's for a vacation, I'd ignore it an enjoy vacation.

swanicyouth
04-05-2014, 10:50 AM
What do I do? Pull out my iPhone and Google "carwash" with "location" on and look for the local pay n spray. If, and only IF - I'm have the stuff with me and the time to wash the car correctly via waterless/rinseless - which I probably would if I'm staying in a hotel.

I'm not "wiping" ( or more like SCRUBBING), bugs off my car. I'm pressure washing 99% of them off. While everyone is in the lobby bar getting loaded, I'm out cruising around checking out the local car washes for the best one. Yeah, I'm that crazy.

If I don't have the right stuff or don't have time I just leave it alone. I never would waterless wash part of my car - rather just leave it dirty.

Dogfather
04-05-2014, 10:57 AM
When I very liberally apply WW to freshly killed bugs, I don't have to do anything remotely even close to SCRUBBING.

SYMAWD
04-05-2014, 11:07 AM
I'd probably modify this just a bit, but a good video:
[ame]youtube.com/watch?v=unEywR3fg6s[/video]

jem7sk
04-05-2014, 12:48 PM
I'd probably modify this just a bit, but a good video:

It was as though that video was made to answer my question. He is the McGuiver of detailing. Very good... The only scary part was the Walmart MF towels.

brondondolon
04-05-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm in the same boat lol. Only mine was 2 600 mile round trip drives and the bugs were swarms of monarch butter flys. I haven't been able to wash it off though because the weather has been terrible lately and I want to apply a paint coating. I basically have what looks like a custom paint job that has flaked off on the front of my truck lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online