PDA

View Full Version : A newbie Hello

Pages : [1] 2

Infinite1
07-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Hello everyone!

This is my first post and just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. For quite some time i've been lurking here and autopia to learn more about detailing. Now i've finally said forget it and jumping in with both feet! After reading on how relatively "easy" it is to use a PC I've ordered one and I'm ready to rock I hope...

Would you please be so kind as to rate my polishing step for me? Just to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong or missing a step. Thanks! (BTW, my car is a Black G35 coupe)

After washing and claying...

XMT Swirl Remover #2
XMT Swirl Remover #1
Meguiars Gold Class Wax (I have half-a-bottle. I figure I'll finish this off before delving into the XMT glaze or other type sealant. That and using a Sealant takes too long to cure..If you know of others to put on that doesn't take to long to cure. I'd appreciate it!)
Natty's Blue

Thanks for helping an newbie out! Also, thanks AutoGeek for the XMT and equipment...I should be getting them tomorrow. :righton:

ScottB
07-16-2007, 05:05 PM
We look forward to your posts and pics .. please consider being a part of the forum on a consistent basis !

sparkie
07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Welcome to AGOL, this place rocks! Looks like you have some good products there. Post pics of your work, we love pics around here....

D
07-16-2007, 05:34 PM
XMT 360 cleans, corrects, seals and doesnt have a cure time.

alban61
07-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Welcome!!

hydro556
07-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Not to hijack, but I have a question. I see "PC" referenced here often and always assumed it was short for the Porter Cable 6424(or something like that) buffer, but I have seen the abbreviation used in contexts that dont make sense if it is indeed short for the Porter Cable. Also, is there a post somewhere here that explains all the acronyms etc??

dengood1
07-16-2007, 05:43 PM

:iagree: Same with Poorboys Polish w/ Sealant. A tad less correcting ability, but similar product.

Welcome to the forum:cheers:

Rsurfer
07-16-2007, 06:02 PM

I second the XMT 360. Top it off with Souveran paste will make your black G dripping wet.

D
07-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Not to hijack, but I have a question. I see "PC" referenced here often and always assumed it was short for the Porter Cable 6424(or something like that) buffer, but I have seen the abbreviation used in contexts that dont make sense if it is indeed short for the Porter Cable. Also, is there a post somewhere here that explains all the acronyms etc??

PC is Porter Cable 7424. Do a search for acronyms and youll find the thread.

TCB
07-16-2007, 06:37 PM

+1...love that stuff

and Welcome!

Infinite1
07-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! :cheers:

I'll be sure to post pics of my car and what type of swirls I have as soon as I can. It's forecasted to rain all week so hopefully it'll let up for the next week or so. Thanks again!

Oh that's good to hear about XMT 360...I haven't tried the polish yet but for some reason I know it will work! As far as PS paste yeah i'm saving for that! :awesome:

Ryan
Infinite1

Rsurfer
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! :cheers:

I'll be sure to post pics of my car and what type of swirls I have as soon as I can. It's forecasted to rain all week so hopefully it'll let up for the next week or so. Thanks again!

Oh that's good to hear about XMT 360...I haven't tried the polish yet but for some reason I know it will work! As far as PS paste yeah i'm saving for that! :awesome:

Ryan
Infinite1

Good luck with your G Ryan and welcome to the asylum.:cheers:

Infinite1
07-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Rsurfer,

Mahalo brah! :awesome: good to meet another G driver on here as well.

Glad to be a part of the asylum! I look forward to learning a lot of stuff from the experts.

Ryan
Infinite1

gary26
07-16-2007, 11:07 PM
jUST ORDERED SOME XMT360 MYSELF. i HAVE PC7336. WELCOME TO THE SITE. YOU'LL FIND MANY GREAT PEOPLE AND OPINIONS HERE.
GARY26

ltoman
07-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Welcome, Ryan! Nice to have you! Hope you will be posting some photos for us after you work on your car!!!
~LT~