PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon?

808_detail_nut
04-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Thinking of getting a foam cannon, anyone got one and does it really cut down wash time to make it worth it? Thanks.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

motoxrider425
04-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Yeah I've got one and I like mine if you get the right soaps it suds up like crazy and stays on the car a lot longer :xyxthumbs:

VP Mark
04-04-2014, 07:41 PM
I primarily use ONR. Foam cannons are for really dirty cars and cars with immaculate finishes that want to stay immaculate. Foaming then 2 bucket washing takes 2-3x longer than an ONR wash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

motoxrider425
04-04-2014, 07:46 PM
As far as cutting time down like said above it does on really dirty jobs but not on fairly clean cars

A-train
04-04-2014, 07:52 PM
It takes me longer when I use a foam cannon but I feel it enables me to provide a safer swirl free wash.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JHL88
04-04-2014, 08:24 PM
It takes a lot longer for me to drag out the power washer and use my cannon. It is fun though.

Foam cannons are also expensive. A lot more $ than I think they are worth.

808_detail_nut
04-04-2014, 11:51 PM
I think I'll wait a bit to get that then. I'll just continue to use my foam gun with the hose and 2 bucket. Looks like fun but I'm looking more to be more efficient. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

AeroCleanse
04-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Its not about saving time, it's about reducing the risk of putting in defects from washing.

stilltipping3
04-05-2014, 12:55 AM
They r so much fun and valuable.

VISITOR
04-05-2014, 01:51 AM
Its not about saving time, it's about reducing the risk of putting in defects from washing.

:iagree:

also, the pressure washer will blast/clean off more dirt off the paint than a standard hose with a nozzle on it...

silverfox
04-05-2014, 03:53 AM
To answer your original question a foam cannon will not save you time. In fact you will have to allow for more time and expense.

ShaunD
04-05-2014, 05:15 AM
For me using the foam cannon saves me time, water, and work. I use the foam instead of have a soapy bucket, so I am not relying on dragging soapy water to the vehicle from the bucket. With my method I use multiple wash mitts and only use to buckets to keep the clean, wet wash mitts in one and dirty ones in the other. When doing multiple vehicles this allows me to rinse the mitts after one vehicle and use them for another. Most time on regularly dirty vehicles I will only foam the heavily soiled portions and use ONR or a WW on the less dirty/upper portions. This method saves me a ton of water, time, and work. Even when foaming a whole vehicle I try to keep a lot of foam off the upper/cleaner portions and out of crevices, like mirrors and the cowl area, so I am not wasting time and water chasing unnecessary foam off the vehicle. Using the method described I was able to do three cars, including wheels/Wells, with only about 30 gallons of water. This may not work for everyone and every vehicle but, and it works on the majority of the vehicles I detail.

Bunky
04-05-2014, 05:49 AM
:iagree:

also, the pressure washer will blast/clean off more dirt off the paint than a standard hose with a nozzle on it...

and use a lot less water if you use one of the electrics.