PDA

View Full Version : Practical Question regarding a road trip

Jertronic
04-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Time to switch out the winter wheels for regular wheels and wanted to a practical question. Heading to NYC (4 hour drive) for an overnight trip. Is there any reason to wait or should I just switch em today. I'm anxious to get the winter snow dogs off but wanted to hear some opinions.

My regular wheels are sealed and waxed btw. DP policoat sealant underneath Colinite 845. So, not sure if it's worth getting wheels all dirty on a road trip or wait until Sunday afternoon to change them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slimnib
04-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Time to switch out the winter wheels for regular wheels and wanted to a practical question. Heading to NYC (4 hour drive) for an overnight trip. Is there any reason to wait or should I just switch em today. I'm anxious to get the winter snow dogs off but wanted to hear some opinions.

My regular wheels are sealed and waxed btw. DP policoat sealant underneath Colinite 845. So, not sure if it's worth getting wheels all dirty on a road trip or wait until Sunday afternoon to change them.

Change them. Snow tires are not your best ride or do they handle well on dry surfaces. You are safer in summer tires. Clean is not the deal, safety and driver handle are.

Change them. Snow tires are not your best ride or do they handle well on dry surfaces. You are safer in summer tires. Clean is not the deal, safety and driver handling are.

jamesboyy
04-04-2014, 01:02 PM
I would just switch them and if your worried about getting them dirty a quick wash or hose down should do the trick have fun on your trip

Jertronic
04-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks for keeping me straight with this one. I was over thinking the process. Switching to my summers with OEM wheels tonight.

Dogfather
04-04-2014, 07:25 PM
I don't own a set of dedicated winter tires but I assume they're noisier than summer tires. That would drive me crazy if I was sitting in a car for for 4 hours.

dcjredline
04-04-2014, 08:10 PM
And most winter tires will wear quicker on dry pavement.