PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's TNOG 4/3/2014 Video

hernandez.art13
04-04-2014, 11:49 AM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heN0b73_wwY]Meguiar's TNOG 4/3/2014 - YouTube[/video]

This is what I did detailing wise yesterday. :dblthumb2:

Bob57
04-04-2014, 12:01 PM
That would be fun to attend, bet you really enjoyed it.
:xyxthumbs:

hernandez.art13
04-04-2014, 01:32 PM
That would be fun to attend, bet you really enjoyed it.
:xyxthumbs:

I've been there like 10 times more or less. I always have a blast there. I'd probably be there more often if it was closer to me. When I go to the next TNOG if I take my camera equipment. Hopefully people won't keep standing in the camera so I won't have to edit so much out and it won't be as shaky.

All in all I had a nice time, I worked on the spoiler of my car to. Sheesh!!! the paint is hard just on my spoiler. We had to use Meguiars Xtra cut and 100 or 101 I believe.

Will post of some pictures of that later.

swanicyouth
04-04-2014, 03:10 PM
I like the video Art. Very entertaining.

I think I'm going to take crap for this, but why would Meg's be doing a demo/class using Rupes DAs? Don't they make one of their own? Why not just use Rupes pads and polishes as well?

Michael Stoops
04-04-2014, 05:02 PM
I like the video Art. Very entertaining.

I think I'm going to take crap for this, but why would Meg's be doing a demo/class using Rupes DAs? Don't they make one of their own? Why not just use Rupes pads and polishes as well?
Great question, actually. We used the Rupes LHR21 here because that is the tool this particular customer uses but he uses our pads and compounds. He was looking for tips and information on how to use everything properly in order to obtain the sort of results he's looking for. There isn't a lot of sense in teaching someone how to use a tool other than the one they're using when, in fact, they already have that tool.

We have had people bring their own tools in the past, and even competing pads and liquids, only to determine they can get better results using our G110v2, microfiber pads and compounds after doing their own side by side comparison tests. And they have then left our training facility with a new G110v2, pads and compounds with them.

swanicyouth
04-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Got ya. Thanks Mike. I was like "Meg's makes a polisher - why wouldn't they use that???"

RaskyR1
04-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Great question, actually. We used the Rupes LHR21 here because that is the tool this particular customer uses but he uses our pads and compounds. He was looking for tips and information on how to use everything properly in order to obtain the sort of results he's looking for. There isn't a lot of sense in teaching someone how to use a tool other than the one they're using when, in fact, they already have that tool.

We have had people bring their own tools in the past, and even competing pads and liquids, only to determine they can get better results using our G110v2, microfiber pads and compounds after doing their own side by side comparison tests. And they have then left our training facility with a new G110v2, pads and compounds with them.

:dblthumb2:

With the popularity of the Rupes it only makes sense to have them available IMO. Not to mention how well they work with the Megs pads/polishes, especially the MF pads!

Rupes 21, MFFP, and M205 = defect killer! :)

I do still rock my G110v2 with custom NXTi housing for all my 3" work! :buffing:

CM8 6MT
04-06-2014, 09:50 PM

And this is why I love the Megs Professional & Detailer lines.

Too bad people only judge them by the consumer level stuff that they see at local chain stores.