PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Detailing Website

RyanReasons
04-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Alright guys , I am sorry if this is not the right place but after reading all the descriptions I had a feeling this was the right place. I am about to start working on a website, and i am only one step away from having my mind set. My business is names
Reasons Automotive Detailing.
Now if I use that as my URL I have a feeling that is too long or is it? Is it better to have shorter URL addresses. Any suggestions on what it could be? Sorry if this is a stupid question to you guys I just want everything to be well thought out, and if I do everything my self without suggestions I'll end up messing up for sure. So thank you in advance for the help.

zmcgovern45
04-04-2014, 11:02 AM
why not just ReasonsDetailing.com ?

Loser
04-04-2014, 12:38 PM
You want to strike a good balance between length and branding. Too long of a URL increases the chance of users mistyping the URL or having trouble remembering it. Long URLs can also be troublesome when it comes time to try and fit them on business cards and other print materials.

Too short of a URL and you may lose your branding/identity effectiveness. In the past, using keywords in your domain used to help improve your website SEO ranking but newer ranking algorithms have put much less emphasis on that.

I think what Zach suggested would be a good option.

Photecs
04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
I agree, either reasonsdetailing.com, or reasonsad.com

RyanReasons
04-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Loser that is better than I ever could had said it! Also Photecs, I also like those ideas and alsozmc, I also agree with that, I just want to make sure before I make the commitment on purchasing a domain name, that it is the best one available, or the one that like Loser said goes with my branding the best. I for some reason did not think of any of those and was thinking
"crap my name is to long what to do now...I cant have reasonsautomotivedetailing.com"

So thus far I appreciate everything, I am thinking about reasons detailing.com at the moment and sounds like the most logical now that both of you guys state it.