PDA

View Full Version : Dodo juice waxes

brassmonkey
04-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Im looking to purchase the straight 8 sampler but have a couple questions. My normal go to wax is Megs Hi tech yellow wax. I love everything about it, especially for the price. My main question is, do the color specific waxes made by dodo really make the specific colors pop more than traditional waxes?

swanicyouth
04-04-2014, 10:21 AM
I like Blue Velvet Pro on my blue car. The only way you will know if you like it is to try it. Dodo waxes tend to have that luxurious "boutique" feel to them I can't really describe. They are also quite easy to use. The good thing is, you can get a sample for about 10 bucks and decide for yourself.

I think the blue wax makes the blue paint look rich - but that's just me. 10 guys who will post after me will tell you it's all nonsense. I think if anyone is really debating the cost of a higher dollar wax - they should stick with what they have.

Kamakaz1961
04-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Great question that I can only answer on 1. That is Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. IMO it is the best wax I have used...PERIOD. I have tried Bouncer's, Megs, other brands that AGO sells and even their brands. I will not name them as I do not want to cause a stink. I did a test 1/2 of the hood with wax A and DJSN wax. I had my girlfriend and a couple other people give me their opinions. ALL 5 picked the DJSN.

It has a wet look 2nd to none and the beading and sheeting is incredible.

That is just MY OPINION and several tests. I think you will be happy with DJSN and I would assume the others are good too. I have a Black 2013 Mustang GT that ONY has DJSN as my top off wax under my Pinnacle Black Label Sealant.

FYI

cleanmycorolla
04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Theres actually a color changing chart on the dodo forums that show the color changing abilities of the waxes....
DODO JUICE FORUMS • View topic - Colour charging - a demonstration... (http://forum.dodojuice.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=653)

Ray@Autogeek
04-04-2014, 10:37 AM
There isn't a Dodo Juice wax that I've tried that I didn't like. If you apply one to your 848, please post pics. :)

GenesisCoupe
04-04-2014, 11:10 AM
I love my Orange Crush on my metallic blue car, it made the paint REALLY shiny, slick, and made the metallic pop.

The rainforest rub is my 2nd go to wax, really really easy to work with.

The hard candy is known to be good for silvers, and banana armour is also for warm colored cars (yellow, red, etc)

brassmonkey
04-04-2014, 11:24 AM
I am actually planning on buying the pack of waxes for 3 different vehicles in particular that I will be detailing soon. The cars are a 2010 GTR in pearl white, a widebody FD RX-7 in montego blue, and last will be my Land Rover LR2 that is a heavy metallic 2stage red. I think that pack will do me just fine and I may even get a sample of the supernatural wax while I'm at it. There will be a thread for all 3 of those vehicles when the time comes to get them in my garage.

Ray@Autogeek
04-04-2014, 11:31 AM
I am actually planning on buying the pack of waxes for 3 different vehicles in particular that I will be detailing soon. The cars are a 2010 GTR in pearl white, a widebody FD RX-7 in montego blue, and last will be my Land Rover LR2 that is a heavy metallic 2stage red. I think that pack will do me just fine and I may even get a sample of the supernatural wax while I'm at it. There will be a thread for all 3 of those vehicles when the time comes to get them in my garage.

:Picture: (or it didn't happen) :)

Kamakaz1961
04-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Way cool!! Looking forward to it!!! Im the MAN

OGauge4Me
04-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I tried Purple Haze on my black Tacoma and it looked great. Easy to apply as well.

Jaretr1
04-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Dodo Juice waxes are a pleasure to use. The opinions on the colors varies. All of their waxes smell amazing and again are a joy to use.