PDA

View Full Version : bottom half of car panels always have tough dirt

Bill1234
04-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I wash my car once a week when I can. However, when I wash the car down, I still have dirt thats stuck to the car. I have collinite 476 on but I dont know why the dirt will not go away from the wash.

wdmaccord
04-03-2014, 05:54 PM
How was the paint prepped before you put the Collinite on?

Bill1234
04-03-2014, 06:01 PM
How was the paint prepped before you put the Collinite on?

car wash foam soaked then
quick detailer and nanoskin bar with zep citrus at 20:1 or meguiars quick detailer

Kamakaz1961
04-03-2014, 06:06 PM
IMO this is why I like the foam gun. The foam gun even though not necessary to some people, I think it is for me. Letting the foam soaking on the car (still wet) helps lift the dirt off the car. It makes washing the car much easier.

I may be off base in this thread or may not. I would at least look into that. The foam gun and the 2-bucket wash with grit guards.

I hope I was maybe a little bit of help!....LOL

ken tuep
04-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Do you have a pressure washer? Usually I can rinse a lot of nasty stuff off before touching the paint.

476 is a carnuba based wax, not a sealant?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Setec Astronomy
04-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Are you washing the car, Bill? Road film is not going to come off without agitation of some sort. Even if you pressure wash it there is usually some film that has to be agitated off with wash media.

476 is a carnuba based wax, not a sealant?

Is that a question? Collinite 476S is a carnauba-based wax, but it also has their secret "resins" in it, which appears to give it the durability. I suppose you might describe it as a hybrid wax, but I always just think of it as a really durable carnauba.

ken tuep
04-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Yes, that was a question, just poor grammar. I was sure if it was a carnuba or synthetic sealant. I also use agitation to thoroughly clean the entire vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Bill1234
04-03-2014, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=Setec Astronomy;1075774]Are you washing the car, Bill? Road film is not going to come off without agitation of some sort. Even if you pressure wash it there is usually some film that has to be agitated off with wash media.

Setec, actually no, I did not even touch the car. I am thinking about foaming a pannel, then using the mitt

Setec Astronomy
04-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Setec, actually no, I did not even touch the car. I am thinking about foaming a pannel, then using the mitt

That's a good thought Bill, if you want to have a clean car.