PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean wheels waterless

ecoautospa
04-03-2014, 05:14 PM
hey everyone

i have a few questions. EcoAutoSpa is a waterless Carwash and detail. the way i have been cleaning wheels is by spraying CG degreaser, or CG nonsense to the wheels and wipe wheels dry with MF, is there another alternative to cleaning wheels that wont use up alot of MF just for wheels? how about a rinseless wash for wheels only with wheel brush? but it will beat the purpose of waterless wash.

thanks
ace@ecoautospa

hogie
04-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I don't let my wheels get very dirty so a quick spray down with rinseless wash followed up with some agitation and a quick hose down makes them very clean.

ecoautospa
04-03-2014, 05:33 PM
how about a Waterless way? like APC and wipe down? or what i have been doing degreaser or APC wiped down with MF? or just use a rinseless wash on wheels only? just trying to figure another way to clean wheels since im a waterless detailer.

nezff
04-03-2014, 05:50 PM
If you have to go that route, mix some rinseless 3 ozs in a 32 ounce bottle with ONR or DP rinseless and clean them that way.

I use very little water, amazing roll off, ez detail brush, mothers wheel brush or mf towel. then wash them off with hose, then dry.

mc2hill
04-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Like nezff, I prefer the Mother's Wheel Brush for a rinseless wheel cleaning and wipe them with a 'work' MF towel. The bristles are soft, but don't plan to use the brush for any but rinseless washes going forward.

SR99
04-03-2014, 11:47 PM
In between washes I use a Swiffer Duster to clean the spokes and barrels. Costco sells 24 packs of duster refills and they go on sale every couple months. They get pretty saturated with brake dust, and I just toss 'em afterwards. No grungy MF towels to clean that way, so less work overall.

This might not work if you have caked on grunge, since they are intended for picking up dust, not cleaning.

AeroCleanse
04-04-2014, 12:10 AM
hey everyone

i have a few questions. EcoAutoSpa is a waterless Carwash and detail. the way i have been cleaning wheels is by spraying CG degreaser, or CG nonsense to the wheels and wipe wheels dry with MF, is there another alternative to cleaning wheels that wont use up alot of MF just for wheels? how about a rinseless wash for wheels only with wheel brush? but it will beat the purpose of waterless wash.

thanks
ace@ecoautospa

Have you seen the videos on CG EcoSmart cleaning wheels?

SYMAWD
04-04-2014, 12:18 AM
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMSpsV_lyCE[/video]